PDA

View Full Version : Been out of the game for a few years...help in choosing a new player's racquet...

BMRisko
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I am currently a senior in college and have been out of the game for a few years now. I played for 12 years as a junior and my latest stick was a Wilson PS 6.1 95 and I played with a Wilson skunk before that. I have been wanting to get back into the game for awhile now, but probably nowhere near the level that I was at. Most of the time I will just be hitting with friends, but I want a racquet where if necessary I can go play some good matches at my old playing level. Otherwise, I would just buy some cheap stick to knock around with. Anyways, I am obviously looking for a players racquet. I loved the 6.1, but I want to try out something new since all of my old racquets are pretty beat up or missing. The real kicker is I want to keep this under $100. So far I am considering the Head i.Radical and the Dunlop 200G or 300G. I also don't mind adding some lead tape to the racquet to get a weight that I like. The only thing leading me away from the Head is I have heard some people comment on the grip shape. I am wondering how noticeable it is and if I could adapt after always playing with a Wilson. I don't have the opportunity to demo racquets and my purchase would be online. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially listing some racquets that I must obviously be unaware of. Thanks in advance!