PDA

View Full Version : babolat xcel premium

cheny89
01-25-2006, 08:04 PM
would this be a good combo

babolat pro hurricane half set for mains
babolat xcel premium half set for crosses both 16 gage

and is 65 lbs to tight??? i am currently on 58lbs but may need for control so tighter tension will help this right?

andyroddick's mojo
01-25-2006, 08:56 PM
hey
babolat really recommends their pro hurricane hybrids
whether its with their VS gut or the second choice for a cheaper value, xcel premium. Of course the excel premium is a multifilament, and is considerably cheaper then guy even though it is like 7 bucks, its still a good cross string since pro hurricane is said to be quite stiff. According to babolat your mains should give you spin and durability while your crosses give you power and comfort, and thats exactly what pro hurricane and xcel premium do. So yes, it would be a combo worth trying, because I myself just bought some half sets of each and are awaiting their arrival in the mail. I'm planning on stringing it somewhere around mains:57 crosses: 58 or 59, because i'm afraid xcel premium loses tension faster then hurricane, but i'm not totally sure. I do know that pro hurricane strings don't move around a lot. good luck.

andyroddick's mojo
01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
hey, sorry i spelled xcel, excel
and gut, guy. lol.

cheny89
01-26-2006, 12:31 AM
lol ahahha thanks for the tip dude
i like the blue colour of the pro hurricane hybrid half set, i currently use just normal pro hurricane but i want the blue colour cos it looks cool lol so would it be ok if i use 2 pro hurricane hybrid half sets so i can have full blue string colour :) ?? i read that xcel premieum is bad cos it loses tension and that it doesnt last long, but it only wears away on the mains right??? or does it wear away on the crosses as well? if it only wears away on the mains then ill definately use pro hurricane (mains) and xcel premium (crosses) together
would xcel premium lose tension on the crosses

cheny89
01-26-2006, 12:43 AM
an also is xcel premium the closest thing to nat gut???or is itsyn gut? also please tell me diff of these 3 strings