PDA

View Full Version : DNX 8: Grip shape (change?) and initial strung specs

drak
01-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Got my DNX8 yesterday and strung it up with a BDE gut/Gosen hybrid -16 gauge and at 58 lbs. The racket's specs were off a decent bit as the racket I got was SEVEN PTS HL (vs 4 in specs) and weighed 10.7 oz (strung) with a vibe dampener. I'll likely add some lead tape to the head at 3 and 9 to get it closer to original specs.

What interested me more was that the grip shape felt noticeably more SQUARE - opposed to the usual more rectangular shape. Did anybody else notice the same thing? I actually like this and initially won't do my usual grip modification for Volkl's I play with. I aslo like the new stock grip a lot more than the previous one.

I'll give it a whirl the next few days and report back.

Drak

NoBadMojo
01-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Same identical handle and pallet. They are using a new DNX replacement grip which has a slightly diff feel to it..it feels slightly thicker to me.

gd!
01-26-2006, 10:33 AM
When I playtested the DNX10 I also was a bit confused about the "thicker" grip versus the VE's.
To me one more reason to stay at my size and Overgrip wth the new DNX ;)

By the way, in other threads some people mentioned why to show up with a DNX 8 X-tended when there is a BB 10 still released...latest Volkl news are they bring out a BB 10 SL (Standard Length) :) hehe

gd!

HappyLefty
01-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Got my DNX8 yesterday ....I'll give it a whirl the next few days and report back.

Drak

I would like to know your impressions about this racquet. I'm very interesting in this model.

drak
01-26-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm hitting at 1:00 pm left coast time. I'll update you this afternoon.

By the way the comments about the "thicker new grip" were correct. I did my normal adjustment and put on my usual gripand it is the "typical Volkl" I'm used to after minor mods.

Drak

counterpuncher
01-26-2006, 02:11 PM
By the way, in other threads some people mentioned why to show up with a DNX 8 X-tended when there is a BB 10 still released...latest Volkl news are they bring out a BB 10 SL (Standard Length) :) hehe
gd!

The BB 10 SL is out in Australia, saw it hanging in one of the stores here a while ago. Specs are something like 27", 100", 16 x 18, 295g unstrung, and it was white with a red pin stripe from memory.