PDA

View Full Version : Different Warrior Versions?

TripleB
01-26-2006, 07:40 AM
In looking at some of the 'posts from the past' on the Prince Triple Threat Warriors, it seems like there are a couple different versions that have been produced.

A "Y" version and a "W" version?

One version supposedly has a lighter weight or swingweight?

One version is supposed to be less likely to crack than the other?

Can anyone give me some insight as to the different versions of the Prince Triple Threat Warrior Midplus out there?

Are the specs given here for the old version or the new version?
Weight: 11.3 oz
Balance: 5 pts HL
Swingweight: 325
Stiffness: 67

If they are for the old version, any idea what the specs are for the new?

I had one of the original versions a couple years ago (when it first came out) and after about two months it cracked in the throat area. I didn't send it back for an exchange for quite a few months and by that time the Control DB800 was out so I paid a little more and went with it.

Thanks for any clarification you can give me on the different versions of the Prince More Control DB800 Midplus.

TripleB

gd!
01-26-2006, 09:27 AM
BBB,

I have one left in my bag, bought it after first release and its a <Y>, also written Midplus 97, TC82A-MP, 7T2C0 in the throat. As I have heard earlier <capitals> broke in the throat, those were may early production versions for some markets...don't know for sure, but mine was released early although its a <Y>
And yes, I guess those specs you are mentioning meet the <Y>, its not a light to swing bat, but it has much pop either :)

Why don't they bring out a new Warrior version with 18/19 or 18/20, same swing weight but more mass and more head light?

gd!

TripleB
01-26-2006, 09:50 AM
BBB,

I have one left in my bag, bought it after first release and its a <Y>, also written Midplus 97, TC82A-MP, 7T2C0 in the throat. As I have heard earlier <capitals> broke in the throat, those were may early production versions for some markets...don't know for sure, but mine was released early although its a <Y>
And yes, I guess those specs you are mentioning meet the <Y>, its not a light to swing bat, but it has much pop either :)

Why don't they bring out a new Warrior version with 18/19 or 18/20, same swing weight but more mass and more head light?

gd!

Do you know if the 'Y' is supposed to be the newer version and less likely to crack?

"but it has much pop either"....so it does have quite a bit of pop or not? TW only gave it a 67 rating on power although I think the power I get from my Prince More Control DB800 would rank a little higher than a 67.

I like the 16x20 pattern on my DB800....it gives great topspin and amazing slice....maybe another .2 ounces of weight and make it a little more head light and it would be even better.

Thanks for the info.

TripleB

gd!
01-26-2006, 10:17 AM
BBB,

mine cannot be a newer version cuz I bought it quite directly after market launch. Am confused about those <capitals> too...you may enter for user "tschevap" he wrote some threads about the Warrior.

I am also feeling the power potential of the Warrior is much higher than rated in the review, to me it has too much pop from the baseline although its a S&V dream stick
Strength: Big service, crisp and touchy volleys, good for 2HBH. Smart slice and topspin, terrific lobs
Weaks: Control from the baseline, flat shots, consistency for under 4.5/4.0 imo

gd!

TripleB
01-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the information and your thoughts gd!

I notice that the Warrior comes pre-strung...anyone know if you can have TW cut those strings out and have it strung with something else?

TripleB

tschevap
03-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey TripleB,

i was offline a couple of days...yes, you can ask TW to string them new with your own setup...at least they offered this to me...
I have to agree, that there is a difference in specs between the Warrior-generations...must have to do with the throat-crack-fixing. I have owned Warriors of the first generation and they played significantly softer than the newer ones...i do think, that the newer ones are slightly more headheavier than the older ones. But not much difference here - maybe just normal factory tolerance...the newer Warriors are definetly stiffer...i am still asking myself, if these newer ones fit me or not...i loved the soft feel and touch of the first generation!
At least we seem to got rid of the cracking problems...although a friend of mine showed me his Warrior with a crack directly at the throat - and it was a <Y> Warrior...maybe an exception...we will see!