PDA

View Full Version : Changing Strings?

Drizzt
06-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I use Klip K-boom now and was wondering if me swithcing to another monofilament like Gamma ZO Power would change the feeling if I strung it at the same tension? Also which monofilament would have the most power(K-boom, ZO Power, or Big Banger ALU for instance)?

Drizzt
06-10-2004, 01:42 PM
What if i changed to Babolat Hurrican 16? Its the only Monofilament string that my local tennis store has?

TW Staff
06-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Drizzt,
I would not recommend going with anything your local tennis store has. You should do all of your shopping here, at Tennis Warehouse!

Of course, I'm completely unbiased on this.

Chris, TW.

Drizzt
06-13-2004, 02:53 PM
What about if I changed monofilaments? Would the feel be similar? Also which is the most powerful Mono?

TW Staff
06-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Drizzt,
By changing brands but staying within the same string type you will notice subtle changes. The same would be true if you were using a multifilament or natural gut and changed brands. While which mono yields the most power is up to debate, I would recommend playing with the thinnest gauge possible. The thinner the gauge, the more open the string pattern and the more lively the response. As most mono strings are durable, many players find they can still get acceptable durability out of 17 and 18 gauge mono strings. I also suggest posting your question in the Strings and Stringing forum to see what monofilament strings other players are enjoying.
As a side note, I think Klip K-Boom 17 is a quality mono. I was using it for awhile before making the switch back to multifilaments. If you are seeking some additional power, then you might want to try one of the Klip hybrids that uses K-Boom. Put the K-Boom in the mains so you get the durability and feel of the mono, with the multi or gut in the crosses for a little more ball pocketing and pop.

Cheers,
Chris, TW.

Drizzt
06-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Chris, I use Klip K-Boom 16 now. Would switching to just the 17 make that much of a differance?