PDA

View Full Version : head graphite master

jack mckinney
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
can anyone give me any info. on this racquet? what would it be compared to today? thanks in advance.

jack mckinney
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
anyone at all

wally
01-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Jack,

Which graphite master do you have?

If I remember there's a white, black and torquiose version. I may be confusing the composite master here so bear with. Maybe we can get a little help from others here.

My wife played college tennis and then state league after graduation and then ended up taking several years off due to a wrist injury. Her last racquet was the torquiose version. I've hit with it a few times and its a really smooth comfortable frame. Its in the 12oz range with a slightly head light balance. I'd say its pretty flexible.

the one issue I have with the racqeut is the grommets and head guard are just crap. The plastic is very brittle which is too bad because its really a nice racquet.

tandayu
01-26-2006, 09:19 PM
The white one is composite master. The torqoise color is first version of graphite master. Then it was replaced by the prestige master. These are the classic width beam with soft feel frame and not much inherent power. I like these graphite master better than the Classic mid plus which has thicker beam and less feel but more powerful. The headsize are all 102 sq inch or 660 cm^.
THe black graphite master is the later version width power wedge system which has thicker upper hoop area than the throat area.