PDA

View Full Version : String Recommendation

jtennis5
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm about to buy a new Head Flexpoint Instinct racket but I wanna get it strung with good strings. I usually just get my rackets strung with whatever string that my local sports store has that is durable and good for spinning. If you could help me and recommend a type of sting that has good durablity and is good for spinning. I would love to have a hybrid. Thanks.

smittysan89
01-26-2006, 05:08 PM
I would suggest a Lux BB Ace 18 / Syn gut hybrid to meet your specs.

Or if you want something softer try Signum Pro Poly Plasma 17 / Syn gut

I personally like Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super for cheap and great syn gut.

Or you could just get some thinner gauge synthetic gut.

PrinceO3UserInOz
03-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi all,

I also own the FXP Instinct and wish to know what strings would suit my racquet and game. It is currently a hybrid string job with FXP 17 in mains @52Lbs and FiberGEL Power 17 in the crosses @58Lbs. I like the setup as it is, but have been informed by a tennis shop here in AUstralia that the FiberGEL Power 17 is no longer imported into the country, so am looking for strings that give me the same feel as this setup. I am trying to avoid buying from TW (GASP!!!) as the postage is phenominal. I am mainly a baseliner, but am trying to incorporate serve/volley into my game. I am not a breaker of strings so durability is not a problem.

All posts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

EsteroTennis
03-16-2006, 07:59 AM
I really like the UNIQUE BIG HITTER string.....plays quite similar to ALU BIG BANGER. But, it a little softer more comfortable and has noticably better feel to it.

You can even soften the feel up more by stringing BIG HITTER in the mains and a nylon synthetic in the crosses......

ask1ed
03-16-2006, 09:00 AM
spin: topspin cyber flash, super smash spiky, ace 18 pp cyber spin, alu lux power rough 16L.

Kevo
03-16-2006, 10:06 AM
I like the setup as it is, but have been informed by a tennis shop here in AUstralia that the FiberGEL Power 17 is no longer imported into the country, so am looking for strings that give me the same feel as this setup.

Why not just use the 16g then. I liked it quite a bit.