PDA

View Full Version : Will Kiefer get booed by the crowd when he takes the court tonight?

BreakPoint
01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Will Kiefer get booed by the crowd when he takes the court tonight against Federer?

There's been so much negative press in Australia on the whole "racquet throwing incident" that I wonder how the Aussie crowd will treat him tonight?

Remember how the crowd booed Serena at Indian Wells a couple of years ago after Venus defaulted her match against Serena in the previous round? Neither Williams sister has been back to IW since.

Any thoughts?

akj27
01-26-2006, 08:44 PM
straight sets for kiefer

D-man
01-26-2006, 08:45 PM
maybe.. i'll wonder if he cares though, the guy's plain nuts

ACE of Hearts
01-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Exactly, he doesnt care.I just hope Fed does his thing and doesnt give Kiefer opportunities.I know he will pull some stuff in this match.

Alexandros
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
I very much doubt it. Aussies are typically more easy going and forgiving with sporting stars gaffes.

Keifers
01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't think the Aussies will boo him. They have too much regard for this tournament and too much love for the sport to do that.

That doesn't mean, though, that they think what he did was OK. Good sportsmanship is very much part of the Aussie tradition. A significant number of them don't support Hewitt because of his on-court antics.

Bert
01-27-2006, 03:00 AM
No because he didn't commit a grave offense so there's no reason for Aussies to boo Kiefer.

Docalex007
01-27-2006, 04:03 AM
Breakpoint, can you ever get enough of this topic?

Every thread/post you've made in the last couple of days has been geared towards "evil" Kiefer.

Nobody booed Kiefer today because they realized it's not a big deal as the press made it out to be.

Like I posted on another thread. Federer today against Kiefer "should" have conceded two points that were so in it's not even funny....and Fed looked, saw and knew they were good. But did he concede? No. We must protest is unsportsmanlike conduct right?

We have umps and linesmen for a reason. You take 'em how you get 'em.

BreakPoint
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Breakpoint, can you ever get enough of this topic?

Every thread/post you've made in the last couple of days has been geared towards "evil" Kiefer.

Nobody booed Kiefer today because they realized it's not a big deal as the press made it out to be.

Like I posted on another thread. Federer today against Kiefer "should" have conceded two points that were so in it's not even funny....and Fed looked, saw and knew they were good. But did he concede? No. We must protest is unsportsmanlike conduct right?

We have umps and linesmen for a reason. You take 'em how you get 'em.

Be careful, dude, look around. This is the only thread I started about Kiefer, and I've made tons of other posts other than on Kiefer in the past few days, so get your facts straight. The other Kiefer threads were all started by other members. And this one is not even critical of Kiefer, just asking how people think the Aussie crowd will treat him when he walked out on the court. I actually missed the beginning (or maybe ESPN didn't show it), but when I started watching, they were already warming up so I don't know what happened when Kiefer first walked on to the court.

But nice of you to be supporting your countryman.