PDA

View Full Version : o3 Tour oversize

Roy
01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Just curious to know whether anyone has played with o3 tour oversize and how it compares with the misplus version.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

10sNut
03-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Has anyone been able to hit the Fischer Mag Speed Oversize alongside the O3 Tour Oversize? Is the only similiarity the head size?

calabi12
03-22-2006, 06:40 AM
The o3 tour OS swings significantly heavier than the MS.

I can generate some serious racquet head speed with the MS resulting in super fast balls and winners and serves. Volleys were crisp and effective. The MS feels very light when in motion, though when it is stationary I feel like I have some lead in my hands. Seems like a lot of the 12 oz are in the handle. If you do not mind the way it swings, it is a sweet weapon. I am not ready for a 12 oz racquet, so when I played 2 matches back to back in 2 days, my arm felt a little tired.

I find the OS cumbersome and hard to maneuver. Obviously if you are strong enough to handle the OS, you should be able to generate a lot of pop with it.

For as big and strong a fellow as me, I am surprised at how slight increases in swing weight can adversely affect me. I just moved up to 3.5.

Hope this helps.

Pancho
03-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Just curious to know whether anyone has played with o3 tour oversize and how it compares with the misplus version.

O3 Tour OS is a 1/2 inch longer than the MP or Mid. It is great fit for people with 2 handed backhands. It is a bit harder to control than the MP and feels less arm friendly than the MP. It is slightly more powerful than MP.

I think with time, you can control the shots with the OS.

I suggest that you demo all 3 sizes of the O3 Tour before deciding to buy. It really depends on the you the player on which works best. I think all 3 sizes of O3 Tour are good in its own way and I hope Prince keeps producing them and keeping them as tour classics.

10sNut
04-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Any one-handed backhand players enjoying their experience with O3 Tour Oversize model? Ones that didn't, please feel free to share your experience also. Thanks.

Pancho
04-18-2006, 10:26 AM

O3 Tour OS is a bit harder for me as far as moving the stick around at the net. It is good for me as I have a 2handed backhand. It is great for serves - more pop than other O3 Tours.

For me, O3 Tour MP is much easier to move around even though it is smaller and shorter.