PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have stringing instructions/tension for Dunlop Maxply Fort

louis netman
01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Anyone know where can I find stringing instructions/pattern & recommended tension for the old wooden Maxply Fort tennis racket?

Thanx!

Midlife crisis
01-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Anyone know where can I find stringing instructions/pattern & recommended tension for the old wooden Maxply Fort tennis racket?

Thanx!

I'm holding mines in my hand. I'm not positive I strung it up properly, but it looks correct enough.

It is an 18X20 pattern. Being a wood racquet, you can string it up one piece even though you're going bottom to top. The mains skip no holes. I string it up two piece and tied the mains off at 5T. I strung the crosses top to bottom, and the starting knot is at 6H on the side opposite the zig-zag side with the first cross at 7H, and the crosses are tied off at 6T with the last cross at 7T. The crosses skip no holes either.

I used 52 pounds on a lockout machine with NXT OS and it is very tight. If I had to do again, I'd probably use 48-50 lbs with this fairly firm multifilament.

Good luck!