PDA

View Full Version : Federer is no longer a the FedExpress.. he's now UPS ground

MasterTS
01-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Fed is getting broken and losing sets by everyone now! Haas, davydenko, kiefer.. etc... Maybe it's because other players are catching on how to beat fed, or fed just losing his touch! What do u think!@

I can see 2005 as his career year.. wont have another year like it@! :shock:

spinbalz
01-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Fed is getting broken and losing sets by everyone now! Haas, davydenko, kiefer.. etc... Maybe it's because other players are catching on how to beat fed, or fed just losing his touch! What do u think!@

2004 was better than 2005

MasterTS
01-27-2006, 02:16 AM
2004 was better than 2005

Maybe slam wise but not record wise... 83-4 or something?

opiate
01-27-2006, 02:20 AM
No longer the FedEx but UPS Ground?

At least he's not Standard Mail. That'd be horrendous.

Bert
01-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Roger is not fully recovered from his injury and at the same time his contenders are improving that they can keep up with Federer's game.

spinbalz
01-27-2006, 02:27 AM
Maybe slam wise but not record wise... 83-4 or something?

Would you seriously prefer a 83-4 including 2 slams instead of something like 80-5 or 6 including 3 slam titles + the master cup? I bet Federer wouldn't!

take an other exemple :

- Player A wins 3 slams a year <2004 Federer configuration> during his 5 best year, so he wins a total of 15 slams

- player B wins 2 slams a year <Federer 2005 configuration> during his five best years, so he wins a total of 10 slams

Would anyone prefer to be player B than to be player A? Would there be a chance that peoples consider player B's 5 best years were better than player A's 5 best years? I doubt it.

znawfal
01-27-2006, 02:30 AM
He is the bomb ... I have come to conclude that the guy has issues with concentration (seriously) ... winning too many matches can get boring ;)
He always needs to lose a set to come back
I have seen him come back and win 6-0 in many many matching after losing a close set

Docalex007
01-27-2006, 02:57 AM
UPS Ground? Yes. Federer should definitely retire here pretty soon. He can't even handle the competition anymore.

What, are you kidding me?! He is about to win the Australian Open tennis Grand Slam! A couple of tough matches here and there is healthy for him as he needs to be pushed sometimes....not a sign of downfall.

arosen
01-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Hey Master, he is human, he gets bored, injured, and out of sorts because the breakfast wasn't right or he had to get up too early. However, he is also Fedex, so what if because of all the above crap he may lose a set or (OMFG!) two. Rest assured, he is still the best tennis player that ever existed. So, he would pick himself up and win the whole thing. Geez, he lost a set. How crazy good is he if you are in a frenzy just 'cause the guy loses a set here and there?

arnz
01-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Fed should hang it up. I know, he probably is gonna win this slam and maybe more slams, but damn he aint too good if he is getting broken all the time on the way.

I swear I will call for his retirement if he wins Wimbledon this year but gets broken along the way:mrgreen:

Galactus
01-27-2006, 04:53 AM
Federer could be getting bored. If Federer had some kind of 'nemesis' to keep him on his toes, he may well pass Sampras' 14 Slams. But I don't see that happening.
He doesn't have what Borg-McEnroe/Connors or McEnroe-Lendl or Becker-Edberg or Sampras-Agassi had: a rivalry to keep things interesting.

fab54
01-27-2006, 05:01 AM
It's true that Federer is not playing as he used to. He's just in a "bad" period
But hey, if he doesn't lose when he is playing like that he will never lose.
And I am pretty sure that a lot of players would love to have "bad" periods like him and get to the Australian open final

Brettolius
01-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Considering that he's never won a slam without dropping a set, I'd say he's still head and shoulders above everyone else. Doesn't look like he's dropped off or that others are keeping up with him. He's still baking bagels for some top guys in grand slams. It's good to see you're back with more moronic banter, Twistserve.

ATXtennisaddict
01-27-2006, 05:18 AM

Meh,it's part of tennis.

Shabazza
01-27-2006, 05:29 AM
OMG Fed lost 4!!!!!! sets in 6 matches - he should retire really - it doesn't matter that he won Doha this year without losing a set once again (beating Haas AND Baghdatis btw.) - I mean he lost 4 sets, he's done!!!

Grimjack
01-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Take your pick: 2004 or 2005. Sampras, to take a popular example, never had a year that measured up to either in his whole career.

Fed's ####in' good.

skip1969
01-27-2006, 05:52 AM
ups ground or not . . . i'll put my money on fed any day. fact is, the guy rarely loses. losing some sets along the way . . . who really cares. i bet he doesn't. so long as the titles keep comin' in!

maybe he needs to re-focus, but i doubt it. it's probably more a case of him losing a little interest. i mean, if the fans of the game are a little bored of him rolling over everyone . . . i'm sure he is.

the guy enjoys being pushed. he WANTS to pull out all the shots in his arsenal. thing is . . . he doesn't have to. cos he doesn't get challenged enough. he needs a foil (like all the greats have had) to push him to reach his maximum. right now, he just doesn't have one. so he's pretty much coasting on auto-pilot.

step up, gentlemen of the ATP! step right up and knock off the king of the mountain . . . if you can.

nSLICE
01-27-2006, 06:55 AM
you guys are all dumb whos saying Federer isn't playing as well. Look at his previous matches with Kiefer, last year at wimbledon he was the only player to take a set of hima nd almost took it to 5. Haas always troubled Fed and it's a sign of a champion to raise his game. Last year at us open everyone was saying hes not playing as well too, when he lost sets to Kiefer, Hewitt and almost lost 2 to Agassi. Kiefer took Fed to 3 at cincy last year. So what kind of crap are you smoking, hes winning maches thats all that matters.

Grigollif1
01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I laughed so much with the title of this thread. I wonder why Fedex never signed a sponsorhip deal with Roger, I can't see any better publicity for a company then being Federer's authentic Nickname!!! Specially for a Shipping company, It makes me want to send everything via Fedex right now...:p

opiate
01-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I laughed so much with the title of this thread. I wonder why Fedex never signed a sponsorhip deal with Roger, I can't see any better publicity for a company then being Federer's authentic Nickname!!! Specially for a Shipping company, It makes me want to send everything via Fedex right now...:p

shouldda ask IMG. They're not doing their job very well, I guess.

fastdunn
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Hmm, maybe a little bit more challenged now but I think he
experimented with net game a bit too much up until quarter-final.
He suddenly dropped net approaches in the match with Kiefer.

Whether he wins it or not, this AO will give more worries than
confidences in Fed's mind, IMHO. His service games are getting
attacked more and his net game does not improve....

Moose Malloy
01-27-2006, 02:01 PM
A win is a win. Who cares how many times he gets broken or loses sets. It's not like every slam Sampras or McEnroe won was flawless tennis with no lapses whatsover. Stop nitpicking, master ts.

skip1969
01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Hmm, maybe a little bit more challenged now but I think he
experimented with net game a bit too much up until quarter-final.
He suddenly dropped net approaches in the match with Kiefer.

sometimes, it's fun to play around. and sometimes, you just wanna get off the court already.

Whether he wins it or not, this AO will give more worries than
confidences in Fed's mind, IMHO. His service games are getting
attacked more and his net game does not improve....

yeah . . . worry will be registered all over his face as he's kissing the Norman Brookes Challenge Cup. and he'll be worrying all the way to the bank as he cashes that big, fat aussie open check!

Rickenbacker4003
01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Since last year I would say so.

rubberduckies
01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
UPS Ground is good. OP (probably decreased by now) clearly was trolling and has no clue about parcel delivery.

iamke55
01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Thread necromancy isn't good.

adams_1
01-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Aye, Let the dead rest in peace.

theProdigy
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM
hah. reading the title of the thread i thought it was an old post about Fed's USO all-smoke colored outfit where he really did look like a UPS driver.