PDA

View Full Version : Nadal vs. Baghdatis ... hope this happens this year

eagle
01-27-2006, 06:08 AM
It'd be interesting to see these youngsters battle it out.

Both have excellent court skills/awareness and seemingly limitless energy reserves.

Nadal stormed the tour last year with power, speed, and consistency. Let's see if Baghdatis can maintain his current high level of play and become this year's Nadal.

A match between the two though would be exciting.

r,
eagle

slice bh compliment
01-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I hope so too. Incredible awareness and ball skills. Unfortunately, both have been injured at times (along with most of the others). I hope they can get their schedules together and the draws work out this year for some Nadal / Baghdatis quarters, semis and finals. Throw Blake in there, too.

I am for Marcos, but why do I get the feeling a healthy Nadal will beat him down most of the time? Hope not.

fjgarciap
01-27-2006, 06:24 AM
This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday while watching the first semis match between Bagh and Nalb.

Last year I ended admiring Nadal's fighting spirit but did not like some aspects of his behaviour. Now with the appearance of Marcos we kind of have another fighter with a different connection to people and spectacle. Would be nice too see them play each other in a slam or masters deciding stage (semis or final).

Shabazza
01-27-2006, 06:34 AM
on clay I think Nadal is heads and shoulders above Baghdatis, but on hard it will be a really interesting matchup!

Kobble
01-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Nadal would own him on anything but grass. Also, Nadal is a fighter, in constant search for improving himself. Baghdatis? I get the feeling he will, or already has become complacent. Nadal will improve as the years go on, Baghdatis will likely fade.

slice bh compliment
01-27-2006, 11:09 AM
... Baghdatis? I get the feeling he will, or already has become complacent....

I don't know, man. Complacence is beating Roddick, then going out meekly in the next round. Maybe complacence is getting a couple of sets off Ljubo, then getting tired and coasting. Getting to a Slam semi, losing two sets to the no. 4 seed who happens to be good in long matches, then tanking the third set -- that might be complacence.

Baghdatis couldn't SPELL the word complacent.

edberg505
01-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't know, man. Complacence is beating Roddick, then going out meekly in the next round. Maybe complacence is getting a couple of sets off Ljubo, then getting tired and coasting. Getting to a Slam semi, losing two sets to the no. 4 seed who happens to be good in long matches, then tanking the third set -- that might be complacence.

Baghdatis couldn't SPELL the word complacent.

I agree!!!