PDA

View Full Version : Alu Power or Unique Big Hitter?

bennieboi
01-27-2006, 06:39 AM
which one in your opinion is better? HOw do they compare?

Richie Rich
01-27-2006, 07:31 AM
big hitter is almost identical to alu and is half price.

Stan
01-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Big Hitter is a great option, but an even better option in the same price family is the Topspin CyberFlash. Properties are nearly identical to the ALU, except it holds tension and playability much longer than either the Big Hitter or the ALU. An impressive string that gets a lot of love in Europe, but is not known in the USA. Rated very highly overseas. It can currently be found on the auction sites in the US.

mark rodgers
01-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Unique BH is a stiffer string IMO. I don't like it as much as ALU Power. However I do like the Signum Pro Poly Megaforce just as much as the ALU Power. It's a slightly softer copoly with good playability, durability and tension retension. It's great at $8.99 a set or if you buy a reel of it, the cost per set is about $5.

Ripper
01-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Btw, which came 1st, Alu Power or Big Hitter?

Ripper
01-27-2006, 10:58 AM

Oh and is it true that, both Alu Power and Big Hitter, are oval? :confused:

Richie Rich
01-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh and is it true that, both Alu Power and Big Hitter, are oval? :confused:

don't think alu is oval but it's not you would notice. i can't tell the difference.

Gaines Hillix
01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Alu Power came out first and neither of them are oval shaped, AFAIK. I've never seen or heard of an oval shaped string. Hex shaped, yes, but not oval.

DANMAN
01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
There was something in the USRSA review about Big Hitter varying in diameter (sort of oval I think they said) and that this may be illegal. I have the magazine and can check up on it if it's important to anyone.

Richie Rich
01-28-2006, 04:31 AM
There was something in the USRSA review about Big Hitter varying in diameter (sort of oval I think they said) and that this may be illegal. I have the magazine and can check up on it if it's important to anyone.

that's where i heard about the oval thing too.