PDA

View Full Version : Most durable playability strings?

bennieboi
01-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Which strings do you think is the most durable playable strings?

Gaines Hillix
01-27-2006, 07:11 AM
This is dependent on who you ask. For me, one of the polyester strings like Lux Alu Power 16L has the best combination of playability and durability. There are others like Unique Big Hitter, Signum PPP, Pacific Pro Poly Mega Force, Kirsch Touch Turbo. But, some people can't tolerate polys either for the way they feel or the pain in the elbow they get from playing with them. But, since I'm not a big string breaker, I can get a lot of mileage out of a set of nat gut too which many would argue is the most playable string of all.

CheapStrings
01-27-2006, 09:57 AM
There was a discussion on Gosen Polylon SP not too long ago. I'm believe this (fairly new) poly was rated pretty good on playability and durability. I seem to remember that there were a couple of Wilson Sensation users that liked it.

tcjackson
01-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I have recently been the Prince Tournament Nylon 15L from TW in a Volkl V-Engine Mid strung at 55 lbs and really like it. This string is ridiculously inexpensive. Wears like iron in the 18x20 pattern. Doesn't hardly move at all.
My elbow is somewhat sensitive to racquet setup options. This current setup has been very good for me. You may want to give this string a shot. For a $1.49 it's a cheap experiment.

Oh yeah, it also provides a TON of topspin too!