PDA

View Full Version : Do yourself a favor; don't buy Eagnas

Ben42
02-19-2004, 01:09 PM
It's a new board so I thought I'd just post my little warning about Eagnas/Maxline.

Poor quality control and customer service is an understatement. My machine could not pull the same tension two times in a row. Every pull was a random number anywhere from –10lbs to +6lbs from the reference tension I was trying to pull.

Victor/Maxline/Eagnas then refused to fix it, though it was only 1 month into a 5year warranty . I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company, though I was out about $80 for Maxline’s ridiculous $50 shipping charge and the $30 it cost me to send it back.

Be warned new board users!

safins back
02-21-2004, 09:56 PM
I had the same thing happen and he told me they wouldnt refund my money so could you email me and tell me exactly how you went about getting your money back?

rich s
02-22-2004, 07:43 AM
You dispute the charge with you credit card company and you send the unit back. You will be out the shipping charge but you will get back the money you paid for the machine.

Look at the shipping charge as tuition for a lesson in life and move on.

Joe Oldschool
02-23-2004, 01:31 PM
I cannot speak for Eagnas' customer service or their "more advanced" machines. However, I bought one of their two-mount, drop-weight machines and have been using it for several years now. I have never had a problem with the machine. It's built like a tank, and since there isn't much to it, I can't imagine something going horribly wrong.

Steve Huff
02-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Maxline may have terrible service, but the machines are built by one of the few companies that make several brands of machines. Also, how does it alter the tension. Afterall, it's either a spring mechanism that releases at a given or a weight that drops even with the rackets plane. Not much to vary here.

Ben42
02-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Steve,

It was a drop weight that would stick when pulling tension. I explained it to Maxline and asked them to fix it. Victor wrote back to tell me, "I should just lower the tension arm very slowly."

Steve Huff
02-25-2004, 02:41 PM
That's pretty bad. As long as these little drop-weights have been out, and as simple as they are, it's hard to imagine how they could mess that up. What's it catching up on? Can you file something down? Put in a small neoprene spacer?

Ben42
02-26-2004, 07:24 AM
The machine is long gone, back to Maxline now. (Although I would not be surprised if they resold it to some poor unsuspecting schmuck)

I think either the shaft or the hole in the hub was poorly machined so that one of them wasn't straight. The tensioning arm would rotate fine until the string came under tension. Then it would stick. Something was misaligned.

shissncg
03-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Interesting experience, its too bad that they could not resolve your problem in a more satisfying manner. I have been using an Eagnas pro helper for about 3 years now, probably done about 500 racquets with it. Just cheked the calibration the other day and it is pulling just fine. I think it is just as good as a Star 3 for about 1/3 the price.

BagMan
04-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Ben42
That's too bad you had that experience. I have had a Eagnas Flex 940 for a couple of years and love it. It has been checked a few times for accuracy and has been right on each time. If something does go wrong with it I am sure I can fix it without contacting Maxine.
For the price you can't beat it.

Ben42
04-05-2004, 08:27 PM
But that's what everyone says about Eagnas, isn’t it. If you are lucky enough to get a decent machine then you’re ok. If you aren’t (and by the posts here I’d say most people aren’t) then you are really out of luck because Victor at Maxline is not going to help you or honor his “warranty.”