PDA

View Full Version : Doubles final

LA dude
01-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Do you guys know if ESPN will telecast the doubles final atleast??

Should be an interesting game in my opinion.

Moose Malloy
01-27-2006, 09:56 AM
They come on the air at 6:30 pst. If the doubles is still going on we might see some. I remember a doubles final went longer than expected a few years ago & espn showed it(think it was the match in which Lodra killed a bird with a shot)

there's a good fight on espn2 before tennis tonight, kassim ouma.

edit: just saw that the doubles is scheduled after the ladies final. so, no there is no chance they will show any of it(even it the women's final is over quickly)

ChipNCharge
01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
edit: just saw that the doubles is scheduled after the ladies final. so, no there is no chance they will show any of it(even it the women's final is over quickly)

I noticed that ESPN2 has two hours set aside for the women's final. If the women are done early, then why wouldn't they show some of the doubles final in the remaining time?

vkartikv
01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Its been years since I saw Paes play a match, wondering if I ever will again...

Moose Malloy
01-27-2006, 10:50 AM
ChipNCharge,
because doubles is the kiss of death, ratings wise. Even the small group that watches tennis will turn the channel off if they show doubles(except if Hingis, Kournikova, or the sisters are playing)
If the women's final ends early, they will show Federer-Kiefer or just go to Sportcenter. They have many times in the past.

vkartikv,
get the tennis channel, saw plenty of Paes last year.

vkartikv
01-27-2006, 10:53 AM
ChipNCharge,
because doubles is the kiss of death, ratings wise. Even the small group that watches tennis will turn the channel off if they show doubles(except if Hingis, Kournikova, or the sisters are playing)
If the women's final ends early, they will show Federer-Kiefer or just go to Sportcenter. They have many times in the past.

vkartikv,

do they show pretty much every big tournament besides the slams? is doubles coverage good?

Moose Malloy
01-27-2006, 10:58 AM
I only got it in May of last year.
As far as doubles goes, saw davis cup doubles, & the masters cup doubles(where they showed everything, lots of great matches), and a few summer hardcourt doubles events.

LA dude
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Tennis channel is a little silent now. But once the European clay court events start it will be a lot of fun. I saw a ton of good games last year Coria - Nadal Fed- Gasquet etc.

Worth getting it if you cant get enough of tennis.

atatu
01-27-2006, 11:26 AM
ChipNCharge,

vkartikv,

Yeah, but they'll show Chris Evert's Pro/Am instead....I hate Pro/Am's nobody wants to see Bush Sr. playing against some Christian Rock Start I've never heard of or Jon Lovitz.