PDA

View Full Version : Which one (SynGut) is the best to use in a hybrid?

Field
01-27-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm using a monofilament in the mains (Unique Big Hitter, Kirschbaum P2 or Topspin Cyber Flash -> all 1,25mm) and want to string the crosses with one of the following strings:
1. Wilson Extreme Synthetic Gut 1.30mm
2. Prince Lightning XX w Powerfoil 1,30mm
3. Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 1,30mm
Which one should I use? Which one gives me best comfort, durability and tension stability?

Thanks for your advice :)

Ripper
01-27-2006, 11:26 AM
2. Prince Lightning XX w Powerfoil 1,30mm

Hummm. Today, I was thinking of using the same string in a hybrid.

Field
01-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Hummm. Today, I was thinking of using the same string in a hybrid.

I've heard good things (comfort) about this strings. On the other hand it seems to lack durability ....at least, that's what I've been told.

Field
01-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I've heard good things (comfort) about this string. On the other hand it seems to lack durability ....at least, that's what I've been told.

TripleB
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
I've tried the Lightning in a hybrid (with Kirschbaum Super Smash I believe) and as a complete Lightning string job and hated this string. To me it lacked feel on it's on and seemed to give me less control in the hybrid than an all Kirschbaum stringing.

I would add one more to your list: Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16. It's the best I've found so far (even like it in a hybrid better than natural gut).

TripleB

Stan
01-27-2006, 12:11 PM
And note...the generic reel of OG Sheep sold at TW is NOT the same as the branded Gosen OG Sheep Micro.

thetenniskid07
01-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Prince lightning xx

Field
01-29-2006, 10:43 AM
I would add one more to your list: Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16. It's the best I've found so far (even like it in a hybrid better than natural gut).

TripleB

Gosen OG Sheep Micro isn't available in Belgium, that's why I narrowed my list.
Any other suggestions?

diredesire
01-29-2006, 11:04 AM
And note...the generic reel of OG Sheep sold at TW is NOT the same as the branded Gosen OG Sheep Micro.

Finally, someone else agrees with me..

theace21
01-29-2006, 05:46 PM
This has been discussed and argued many times. TW claims the same. Got any good information to share on this subject...Just curious...

Stan
01-29-2006, 08:52 PM
I spoke with a Gosen sales rep. If it were made to the same specs as the OG Sheep Micro it would have the name printed on the string. Read the description. It specifically says "same quality standard" referring to who knows what, but it is definitely NOT the same string. It is firmer and while not a bad string and a relatively good bargain, it is definitely NOT the same as the OG Sheep Micro. This generic reel is specifically engineered to be a less expensive alternative which can be sold in reel form. Many of the racquet companies who sell prestrung racquets use this string. That's who it was originally designed for.