PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Haas' Slams Jim Courier

Tchocky
01-27-2006, 11:20 AM
"If you ask Jim Courier, I mean, that guy has his tongue up (Roger Federer's) ***, I think...you know, the whole time when you actually listen to him commentating or listen to him talk about Roger Federer. Sometimes makes me sick almost."
-- Tommy Haas on TV commentator and former player Jim Courier.

I love Federer but Tommy is right. Everyone talks about Federer like he's the greatest of all time. If I were a tourning pro, then I'm sure I would get nauseous hearing everyone praise Roger. Tommy sounds like Jan Brady..."Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.":p

P.S. Has Courier responded to Haas' comments?

P.S. Thanks "Moose Malloy". I didn't see the earlier thread....sorry about the duplicate thread.

Moose Malloy
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
There was a thread on this earlier in the week:

Courier told The Pulse that players, including himself, had been guilty of saying things at press conferences which they probably didn't mean.

"And that's about all I really want to say," he said.

"Tommy is a friend of mine."

Asked whether he was offended, Courier said: "Not offended at all. I've been there before."

And will he seek out Haas?

"As I said before, that's my last comment," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E3162,00.html

@wright
01-27-2006, 11:27 AM
JC seems embarassed, I think Haas calling him out was very unexpected. OTOH, I think Tommy is jealous.

Fee
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Tommy's not jealous because he thinks he is the most beautiful man in the world. There has been a lot of fawning over Roger lately, and Tommy just said what was on his mind. PMac has been giving him some kudos for it, for having the guts to speak up. Tommy did say that Federer is the best right now, but its too early to call him 'the greatest.' I agree with that.

The tennis guy
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Tchocky
I love Federer but Tommy is right. Everyone talks about Federer like he's the greatest of all time. If I were a tourning pro, then I'm sure I would get nauseous hearing everyone praise Roger. Tommy sounds like Jan Brady..."Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.":p
[/QUOTE]

If they don't want to be nauseous, beat Federer more often on the tennis court!

akj27
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I agree, beat him in a gs final and you wont be so sick anymore

Virtuous
01-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Cliffy's response to Tommy's rant: 'Get used to it'

ATXtennisaddict
01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Tommy wants some spotlight too.

The tennis guy
01-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Exactly!

Warriorroger
01-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Tommy is a cry baby like Kiefer, they haver never suceeded Becker and Graf, are sore losers and should work on their games instead of yapping out loud.

slack hack
01-27-2006, 01:05 PM

Go Cliffy!
If Laver calls the guy the greatest, nuff said.