PDA

View Full Version : If Roger was a hunk....worm can opener...

pound cat
01-27-2006, 03:57 PM
There have been a huge number of Federer negative threads on this message board. Part of this I attribute to the fact that Roger is not the best, sexiest looking guy in the sports world. In fact he's rather plain looking. Seeing as sex sells almost anything/everything these days, if Roger looked like say.... (name your fevorite good looking man) would he have less negative press here? Would if be harder to criticize his accomplishments (huge)

http://www.tennis-x.com/images/players/federer.jpg

(Pic Thanks to tennis-x)

volleys_tennis_master
01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
no, i think its more along the lines that everyone thinks he should be able to do better than mirka

pound cat
01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I think it's along the lines about guys being able to deal with this thread LOL

DaveGrable
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
All I know is that his girlfriend is fugly. He should hang out with Bagdadis and get some pointers on how to pick up women.

pound cat
01-27-2006, 05:07 PM
No wonder men and women don't understand each other ROTFL...mirka?? She;s good looking. How about Roger's sex appeal??? Oh, never mind

hummer23
01-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Roger isnt bad looking, but i can see your point. he deosnt really entice bikini-wearing babes to come to his matches liek roddick does, but i dont think we look at him negetaviely for that. Hes not that flashy, personality wise, and hes just a tad arrogant, but not really a negative. That comes from winning so much that you begin to doubt if there is any real competition on the planet . . . so as for Roger, hes Okay by me.

Grimjack
01-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Since the mid-80's, tennis was ruled for prolonged stretches by only two other guys...

1) a stiff, emaciated, buck-toothed, sunken-eyed, zombie-looking Czechoslovakian robot

and 2) a slack-jawed, furry, tongue-lolling slide backwards down the evolutionary ladder toward neanderthalism.

"Plain looking" makes him practically a matinee idol compared to his predecessors.

Yours!05
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Too true Grimjack - and very apt for a board where looks matter as much as tennis.

Virtuous
01-27-2006, 09:38 PM
As far as i'm concerned, Roger is hot

Warriorroger
01-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I do to. The guy is great looking. (and I am a guy!)

DaveGrable
01-28-2006, 12:02 AM
No wonder men and women don't understand each other ROTFL...mirka?? She;s good looking. How about Roger's sex appeal??? Oh, never mind

She's good looking?? LOL obviously you are not a man. It's funny how women can't tell when an ugly woman is ugly.

Trust me, she's ugly.

Tennis_Fan_109
01-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Yeah she's pretty ugly alright. And ok I also gotta say as a straight guy that Roger isnt bad looking at all, clearly better looking that Baggy but with not even half the personality.

DaveGrable
01-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Yep, Fed's problem must be his personality.... I bet he tried to date supermodels but they thought he was too boring.

You can clearly tell that Bagdahtis is a fun/cheery guy off the court, whereas Federer is all serious all business no-fun all of the time.

devila
01-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Lendl is not ugly. Sampras's ugly but not as dull to watch on the tennis court as Federer.

Federer and Hewitt are ugly and have inflated egos. Their games are extremely overrated. They have to rely on physical gifts--their fast legs. long arms, strength and lucky line calls to cause unforced errors from opponents.

Borg was good looking and still has a gracious personality. He didn't love fighting in long matches at the US Open. It may be why he decided to retire when that ugly, bushy, boring John McEnroe was his rival.

tenalyser
01-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Let me just say this if Roger Federer wasn't the world Nr°1 than most people (and by most I mean fans witch Federer has beaten there fave player badly and owns them in there H2H record ) would be worshiping him like they are doing with Bagdathis, but simply because he is the the Nr°1 they will try to find anything just to bring him down, that's just how humans are they adore you and when you become "the man to beat" they start to guy is such a nice guy they call him unattractive and his girlfriend ugly.

And by the way I don't find Mirka fat or ugly but everyone got his own taste I prefer females who actually got some meat on them and some of you guys prefer the one's who look like they are forced to not eat (sharapova, hanchuchova etc...).

Warriorroger
01-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Let me just say this if Roger Federer wasn't the world Nr°1 than most people (and by most I mean fans witch Federer has beaten there fave player badly and owns them in there H2H record ) would be worshiping him like they are doing with Bagdathis, but simply because he is the the Nr°1 they will try to find anything just to bring him down, that's just how humans are they adore you and when you become "the man to beat" they start to guy is such a nice guy they call him unattractive and his girlfriend ugly.

And by the way I don't find Mirka fat or ugly but everyone got his own taste I prefer females who actually got some meat on them and some of you guys prefer the one's who look like they are forced to not eat (sharapova, hanchuchova etc...).

good post!

morten
01-28-2006, 02:11 AM
well said tenalyser. I dont fint Roger ugly at all btw.

Warriorroger
01-28-2006, 02:31 AM
I had a dream about it and I am ashamed to say what happened

Buuurnz
01-28-2006, 05:00 AM
mirka ain't hot but she also ain't ugly! She looks nice and Roger does too!

vllockhart
01-28-2006, 05:52 AM
You people are nuts. I think Roger is a cutie. Have you ever seen the guy in a suit? GQ time, baby. And Mirka is attractive too. What's with you people? In a sport that has historically had some of the ugliest people in it, how do you diss the nicer looking ones? Since when did we all have to be gorgeous? I mean, I'm gorgeous, but I don't put down the norms. :)