PDA

View Full Version : My tummy hurts. I quit! Whaaa!

andfor
01-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Nice effort to finish what you started. Lost all respect. :mad:

Congrats Amilie!:D

akj27
01-27-2006, 07:33 PM
You forgot to add *spoilers* to the title

andfor
01-27-2006, 07:40 PM

Duffous, after your announcement to the world why the heck does my post even matter? http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=84294

quest01
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I watched that match and im surprised henin quit because of an upset stomach. If the score was the opposite henin would of kept on playing. I congratulate Amelie on her victory. She definitely outplayed Henin from start to finish. She deserved this victory regardless of the outcome.

JennyS
01-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I just saw the press conference and it sounds like she had a reaction to the anti-inflamatory. Nothing some antacid couldn't cure.

vicnan
01-27-2006, 08:01 PM
If the score was the opposite henin would of kept on playing.

Excellent point. Although I like JHHs playing style, backhand and spunky aggressiveness (despite her short frame and private setbacks), I have not been her fan since the hand incident against Serena. This match proves again that she does not belong in the gallery of classy players. What a sham! At the very least, she could have just stood there and let Amelie win it 6-0, which she probably would have anyway as JHH did not have any answers today. That'd have been some consolation for Amelie and for spectators and viewers worldwide. Move over, Kiefer. JHH is more deserving of the sourpuss player of the tournament.

Bogie
01-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Duffous, after your announcement to the world why the heck does my post even matter? http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=84294

lolololol, PWNED. akj, wow, that was one of the most ******** comments ever.

StraightSets
01-27-2006, 08:21 PM

Don't, just...don't say that.

AngeloDS
01-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Have you ever taken non-steroidal anti-inflamatory medicine? It really sucks if you double up. I tried to take the maximum dosage it had on the package 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours. I was taking 2 every 4 hours and woke up the next morning throwing up everywhere. The rest of the day felt like I had a hangover. I was groggy, felt sick, couldn't eat much and it was horrible. So I dropped down to 1 pill every 6 hours and then quit after a few days.

That stuff sucks.

Davidbrent
01-27-2006, 09:14 PM
The difference is that you were throwing up everywhere. JHH didn't look too distressed to me.

sandiegotennisboy
01-27-2006, 09:23 PM
i cant stand her. shes always talking to her box getting help. she cheers her opponents mistake with her stupid allez! she had the HAND incident! and shes a QUITTER! she is no champion.

tommytom11
01-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Have you ever taken non-steroidal anti-inflamatory medicine? It really sucks if you double up. I tried to take the maximum dosage it had on the package 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours. I was taking 2 every 4 hours and woke up the next morning throwing up everywhere. The rest of the day felt like I had a hangover. I was groggy, felt sick, couldn't eat much and it was horrible. So I dropped down to 1 pill every 6 hours and then quit after a few days.

That stuff sucks.

why, when you have the best trainers and doctors available to advise you, would you take any medicine before a HUGE match if you didn't know how it would react or at the very least make sure and take it with food and early enough before the match to not have these problems. that is at the very least stupid if its even true. bottom line, she got her *** kicked and didn't want to play any more.

BreakPoint
01-27-2006, 10:26 PM
The worst part about the JHH press conference is that she gave Mauresmo very little credit. She said that she had no pace on her shots and that's why Mauresmo played so well. I certainly didn't notice that when I watched the match.

JHH also came off sounding extremely selfish. When asked if she felt bad for Mauresmo that she didn't get a chance to win a real match point and to properly celebrate winning her first major, JHH basically said she couldn't care less about Mauresmo but was only thinking of herself. She said a couple of times that she only cared what happened to herself, and not the effect of her quitting would have on Mauresmo nor the fans nor the tournament. She still gets her $600K, whether she quit or not.

It's too bad, I used to like JHH, but in her press conference she came off sounding more like Serena. :(

AngeloDS
01-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Ever take tylenol before a match or take any medicine? You have to or the swelling will just imoblize your movement especially at a joint. That's what happened to me.

You have to, it's not a question of "I'm not going to." for the medicine or going to the match. And it's not stupid. She pushed as far as her body would let her. And she had to play the match.

Anti-inflammatory non-steroidal medicine is good for stopping the swelling. But the side affects are just really not too good.

http://www.medicinenet.com/naproxen/article.htm

That's what I was given.
SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects from naproxen are rash, ringing in the ears, headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, fluid retention and shortness of breath. Naproxen also may cause stomach and intestinal bleeding and ulcers. Sometimes, stomach ulceration and intestinal bleeding can occur without any abdominal pain. Black tarry stools, weakness, and dizziness upon standing may be the only signs of the bleeding. People who are allergic to other NSAIDs should not use naproxen.

But I agree that her press conference came off as arrogant and selfish.

BreakPoint
01-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Perhaps they should have a new rule that if you retire and don't finish the match, they cut your prize money in half.

GrahamIsSuper
01-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Perhaps they should have a new rule that if you retire and don't finish the match, they cut your prize money in half.

Or cut off your non-dominant arm. That'll show her. She actually wouldnt need it, unless she didnt have the coordination to toss from her racquet.

AeonT
01-27-2006, 10:42 PM

Maybe a severe sanction similar to what Sesil Karatantcheva got for doping.
Assuming Henin does this disgraceful shameful act again.

I think that's fair enough.

Deuce
01-27-2006, 10:43 PM

Simply - and obviously - because someone might come to this forum and not see the moron's post, but will see yours, which will ruin the match for them.

You're both jerks for revealing the result - although akj27 is the real malicious moron, because he did it quite deliberately.

Max G.
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Maybe a severe sanction similar to what Sesil Karatantcheva got for doping.

Doping is against the rules because it changes the outcome of the match by illicit means - players who dope are cheating and win because of it.

The retirement does not affect the outcome of the match - by definition, retirement is the acquiescence that you can no longer play and thus cannot win the match.

I think that's fair enough.

And I don't. Who is to decide when retirements are allowed and when they aren't? Who is going to be going into the players minds and determining exactly how much pain they feel, and whether it's enough pain to allow them to retire or not?

tommygold
01-27-2006, 11:33 PM
"Selfish" means first of all focussing on your wn, rational best interest, .....and quitting in this way will lead to bad reputation from fans and collegues and bad conscience (probably). Ie not to her best self interest. If she continued the opposite would happen, she will fee proud for her sportmanship and people in the inside will honour her clsssy, respectful act.

Her behavior is better classified as unmature, egocentric or stupid, but not selfish.

from an Ayn Rand lover

Lee
01-27-2006, 11:53 PM
tommy, egocentric = selfish, haha

vllockhart
01-28-2006, 06:20 AM
It's too bad, I used to like JHH, but in her press conference she came off sounding more like Serena. :(

Serena is gracious to her opponents. She even apologizes at the net for creaming them, so what are you talking about?

katarddx
01-28-2006, 06:29 AM

forgot your medicine?

andfor
01-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Simply - and obviously - because someone might come to this forum and not see the moron's post, but will see yours, which will ruin the match for them.

You're both jerks for revealing the result - although akj27 is the real malicious moron, because he did it quite deliberately.

I realized after I made the post I should have placed the thread in the new Match Results column. Sorry to anyone I may have ruined it for.

Fea14
01-28-2006, 08:40 AM
I think it was a disgrace retiring, especially for illness. Look at Coria in the 2004 RG final, he couldn't serve or move for a set but still carried on and in the end came up a bit short.

I'm not saying she would have won if she carried on but she owed it to the spectators and Mauresmo. Imagine if that was your day to win your first Slam and it was taken away by someone being selfish? Remember Agassi V Nieminen at RG this year? Agassi had serious hip problems and could barely walk but carried on in respect for his opponent and that was only the first round.

Classless performance from JHH.

BreakPoint
01-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Serena is gracious to her opponents. She even apologizes at the net for creaming them, so what are you talking about?

Serena rarely gives credit to her opponents. Whenever she loses, it's never that her opponent played too well or out-played her. It's always that she herself wasn't playing well or was injured or was "playing 100 times worse than she normally plays." She almost never concedes that her opponent was just better than her. A classy competitor would give their opponents full credit for beating them. Have you seen Serena's post match press conferences after a loss? Venus is not as bad, but not a whole lot better, either. They think that they're unbeatable so when they get beaten, they can't seem to accept the fact that their opponent was just better and beat them. There always seems to be some sort of excuse that it was mostly themselves and not their opponents that had anything to do with their losses.

katarddx
01-28-2006, 05:33 PM

you know, this is not a bad idea... let me sleep on it...
O.K. let's do it! No, seriousely, BP, i think is a good one! It will make them think twice, for sure.

BreakPoint
01-28-2006, 08:00 PM
you know, this is not a bad idea... let me sleep on it...
O.K. let's do it! No, seriousely, BP, i think is a good one! It will make them think twice, for sure.

Yeah, I think it may have helped the situation with JHH last night. Once JHH realized she was not going to win the match, there was absolutely no incentive for her to stay out on the court. She get's the same $600,000 whether she quits now, plays to the end, or never even hit a ball in the first place. As soon as she won her semi, she was guaranteed to receive $600,000. I'm sure it crossed her mind, "Why keep busting my butt if I'm not going get paid for it?". So she quit. By cutting her paycheck in half, at least it would have given her some incentive to finish the match even though she knew she was not going to win it.