PDA

View Full Version : Gustavo Kuerten is injured again

RiosTheGenius
01-27-2006, 08:33 PM
can somebody get me info about this?.... he was suppossed to play in Vina del Mar next month but he dropped. I was really looking forward to see him play ....what the hell happened??????

akj27
01-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I heard it was his ankle

RiosTheGenius
01-27-2006, 08:45 PM
that's really unfortunate, I really want to see him back winning slams.

akj27
01-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Lol, not gonna happen, I doubt he'll win another match. He was a great player, when he was healthy, he just doesn't have the body to keep playing anymore.

El Diablo
01-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Once you've had hip surgeries, as he has, it's most unlikely that your knees and ankles will forego injury for long as you'll be favoring the hip. Guga will never be a factor again. As the hip is a ball-and-socket type joint it's particularly prone to the effects of repeated trauma.

Grimjack
01-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Once you've had hip surgeries, as he has, it's most unlikely that your knees and ankles will forego injury for long as you'll be favoring the hip. Guga will never be a factor again.

Which is tragic, but means nothing at all has changed for a few years. Guga was has been, and remains, over.

hermano05
01-28-2006, 06:32 AM
can somebody get me info about this?.... he was suppossed to play in Vina del Mar next month but he dropped. I was really looking forward to see him play ....what the hell happened??????

On thursday evening guga was training. While he was running to get a ball, he jumped and when he landed, his foot twisted. but he will play on davis cup. i hope he gets better as soon as possible. :cool:

rilokiley
01-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Guga vs. Baggy in a GS final

Just imagine that.
There'd be angels coming down from the sky, flowers popping out in the mid air, and like... rainbows all over the place.
*misses Guga*

slice bh compliment
01-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Guga vs. Baggy in a GS final

Just imagine that.
There'd be angels coming down from the sky, flowers popping out in the mid air, and like... rainbows all over the place.
*misses Guga*

Yes, kindred spirits. Class, peace, love, beauty and joy all the way around. Don't know about the rainbows (and, who exactly would the rain delay benefit?:) ), but somebody's drawing a heart on the court at least once.

Well too bad for Kuerten.