PDA

View Full Version : Bravo to ESPN for showing DUBS

HookEmJeff
01-27-2006, 10:28 PM
That was a high-quality men's doubles final, and well worth broadcasting. I LOVE singles, but it sure is nice to see a little two-on-two. I don't know why more networks can't at least show Grand Slam semis and doubles finals. That was riveting, riveting stuff.

Kudos to the Bryan Bros, too, for kicking some butt! USA USA USA!!!!

Jeff

dmastous
01-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Here here!
Let's see more. I enjoy singles, hell I love tennis, but doubles can be special and this match was well worth the time invested.
Enough of the Henin bashing. On to the Men's final.
...and maybe some womens dubs????

Matthew
01-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah except they cut out a lot of it to show some post match interviews, which basically featured JHH feeding the media some nonsense excuses over and over again.

Very glad to have seen that match though, and I am sure the Australian crowd that was there tonight was grateful for the awesome doubles final after the dissappointing womens final.

Tennis_Fan_109
01-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah I was so ****ed off that they prefered to show crappy interviews at that stage rather than a great final! Those guys all gave it their all!

proxemo666
01-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Yeah I got ticked off as well when they were interviewing the women about "oh hows your tummy" or "im going to open my old bottle of wine". I was like its 3-2 in the third set you freakin morons. Show the match.

Any one see that point where Paes dove? That was the FASTEST long rally I have ever seen.