PDA

View Full Version : What intro will ESPN use for introuducing Federer or Baghdatis?

edberg505
01-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't know how many people saw the intro to the final in Miami when Fed played Nadal, but it was by far one of the best intros to a tennis match I have ever seen. The screen starts dark and when it fades in it shows Federer spinning his racquet, que the music, Nelly's, "I'm Number One". Then they talk about all the accomplishments he had whilst showing him hitting shots. It gave me goosebumps. I hope they have something better, hell I'd like to see that same intro again. I have that match on dvd and sometimes I watch it just for that intro. I hope they have something great planned for tomorrow's match. :)

Andy Hewitt
01-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Sounds real nice, I was soooo hungover that day I just remembered. I couldnt believe the match was still on when I was finally able to get up. Anyway hope they do something nice, but I doubt they will. They have nothing much to show of Baghditis.

Tennis_Fan_109
01-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Nothing much to show? LOL are you kidding me? The guy is the ultimate media sweetheart, theres a trillion things to show from some of the best shots in the tournament (e.g. laser crosscourt forehand vs. roddick) to a the celebrations at the end of games, to his funny moves during them (biting the ball, soccer dribling it, hitting between his legs, making faces). Trust me the intro will be spectacular and I cant wait!

rilokiley
01-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Cool. sounds pretty similar to those NBA game intros. What was the intro like for the women's final today?

proxemo666
01-28-2006, 12:43 AM
"enters federer" they compare him to godzilla (cant be stopped). They play that puff daddy remix song (the one for the movie godzilla).

Then enters marcos. They compare him to Barney and play the "I get knocked down" by chumbawhumpalumpadumpa.

edberg505
01-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Cool. sounds pretty similar to those NBA game intros. What was the intro like for the women's final today?

I freakin missed it. I forgot to set my dvr! I sure didn't forget to set it for tomorrow's men's final.

edberg505
01-28-2006, 12:45 AM
"enters federer" they compare him to godzilla (cant be stopped). They play that puff daddy remix song (the one for the movie godzilla).

Then enters marcos. They compare him to Barney and play the "I get knocked down" by chumbawhumpalumpadumpa.

Hahahaha, that's hilarious. I'm gonna see if I can put that intro on here so you guys can check it out.

rilokiley
01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm gonna see if I can put that intro on here so you guys can check it out.
Appreciate it, Ed.
(how about the whole match? nah, jk.)

pound cat
01-28-2006, 06:39 AM
They've been playing frenzied classical music when they're are promo-ing the match...beautiful curly haired blondes in black wildly playing violins and tossing their heads. Maybe the music will be louder and wilder for the actual match intro. (I don't recognize the music...)

slice bh compliment
01-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Ohhh man! You know you are excited about a match when you're salivating over intro sequences.;) Kidding. I'm one of the bigger dorks in this thread.

I'm thinkin' they bring in Bond girls [live], who bring the noise and the technoviolinfunk with some Haendel's Messiah [for the Swiss maestro's highlight reel], and a little of Georges Bizet's 'Les Toreadors' [while they show the between the legs, the flashy X-ct FH and the huge smile on Baghdatis].

Then maybe Bruce Springsteen's Hungry Heart and the aforementioned Nelly tune while they fellas warm-up. [camera pans to Mirka, then Camille, then a bunch of blue-jersey-clad dudes]

Trenton is the capitol of the state of Blue Jersey....but today it is Melbourne, Victoria.

pound cat
01-28-2006, 08:27 AM
The Sorcerer and the Apprentice would be appropriate.

shawn1122
01-28-2006, 11:36 AM
C'mon edberg, rip that intro off that DVD! Show him who's the boss!

Dan007
01-28-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't know how many people saw the intro to the final in Miami when Fed played Nadal, but it was by far one of the best intros to a tennis match I have ever seen. The screen starts dark and when it fades in it shows Federer spinning his racquet, que the music, Nelly's, "I'm Number One". Then they talk about all the accomplishments he had whilst showing him hitting shots. It gave me goosebumps. I hope they have something better, hell I'd like to see that same intro again. I have that match on dvd and sometimes I watch it just for that intro. I hope they have something great planned for tomorrow's match. :)

ESPN doesn't show the final of Miami, CBS does.

edberg505
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
ESPN doesn't show the final of Miami, CBS does.
Yeah, I know Dan. I was wondering if they would do an intro just a cool as the Nasdaq.

edberg505
01-28-2006, 04:22 PM
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VD6073REYEZF3UYWSSOAEF47A

Ok fellas, here you go. This thing is very cool.

Volly master
01-28-2006, 04:27 PM
i rememeber for wimbledon in '05, they had green days "boulvard of broken dreams" for the intro.

pound cat
01-28-2006, 04:31 PM
They have a lot of clasical music eg The Anvil Chorus for Safin, that probably means nothing to most posters here, but was very cleverly thought up by ESPN execs.

Waiitng for the final to read the music verdict here. LOL

edberg505
01-28-2006, 04:31 PM
i rememeber for wimbledon in '05, they had green days "boulvard of broken dreams" for the intro.

Arggg, I'm kinda ticked that I didn't see that intro either..

Feņa14
01-28-2006, 04:32 PM

Especially for Roddick? ;)

Volly master
01-28-2006, 04:37 PM
haha yeahh and they made a note that federer "walks alone" :-P

Feņa14
01-28-2006, 05:03 PM
lol good, I love topical songs for introductions ;)

The introduction really sets the mood for the final imo. I remember on BBC for the Wimbledon final in 2004 they had Becker doing the walk that the players would make, giving brief accounts of what he felt when he was in their position, really dramatic especially with the music.

It really set the tone for the final, If you had just turned over and had saw that piece, no way would you have been able to turn back.

D-man
01-28-2006, 05:13 PM
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...F3UYWSSOAEF47A

I'd love to like see that with, instead of his good shots, all his shanks and mishits, slamming into the net and stuff. Now that would be cool.

= marios =
01-28-2006, 05:42 PM
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VD6073REYEZF3UYWSSOAEF47A

I downloaded it but it's an audio file. Is everyone else able to see the video too? :confused:

freelans
01-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Nice vid but I wish it had been more slow paced with super slo mo mixed in. The guys at NBC really know how to make inspiring intros but the ones at espn, CBS are kind of banal.

If you can't see it marios I suggest you google "vlc media player" and download it. It's free, small and plays everything imaginable.

= marios =
01-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Nice vid but I wish it had been more slow paced with super slo mo mixed in. The guys at NBC really know how to make inspiring intros but the ones at espn, CBS are kind of banal.

If you can't see it marios I suggest you google "vlc media player" and download it. It's free, small and plays everything imaginable.

Well, i've never had a problem with Winamp before, but i'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

theJuniorACE
01-28-2006, 07:38 PM
hey
nice video
thanks for the upload

think its possible to upload the rest of the game?
thanks

edberg505
01-28-2006, 08:00 PM
hey
nice video
thanks for the upload

thanks

I would, but that would make the file size massive!!! Which means there would be no place to upload it.

theJuniorACE
01-28-2006, 08:03 PM
lol
thanks anyway

BUT u could always be creative like me
lol
(here comes the maguyver in me)
now with your mouse and keyboard upload it by 10-20 min videos
and just upload multiple videos

lol
j/k
unless you wanna do that....
im serious now
lol

edberg505
01-28-2006, 08:28 PM
lol, yeah i suppose i could do that. just break it up. i'll try tomorrow. i don't really have the time to today because I have to finish my presentation for a conference in Ventura, Cali.

rilokiley
01-28-2006, 08:44 PM
That link expired. can anyone upload it one more time? Thanks all!

edberg505
01-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Ok, that was like the gayest intro ever. Thanks alot Dick Enberg!!! ESPN should take notes from CBS!

freelans
01-30-2006, 05:09 AM
hey
nice video
thanks for the upload

thanks
That game is on torrentspy actually. I think it's around 2 gigabytes.