PDA

View Full Version : My Prestige LM MP cracked, I am looking for a new racquet

phat
06-09-2004, 01:20 AM
After playin' it 3 times, my prestige was cracked at the conjunction between the head and the throat...... Too sad 'cause it plays pretty well. FYI, I strung with Lux ALU at 55lb. I am looking for a racquet change..... 'cause I don't to bring it to the pro shop to get them changed in the future .... :cry:

gmlasam
06-09-2004, 03:37 AM
After playin' it 3 times, my prestige was cracked at the conjunction between the head and the throat...... Too sad 'cause it plays pretty well. FYI, I strung with Lux ALU at 55lb. I am looking for a racquet change..... 'cause I don't to bring it to the pro shop to get them changed in the future .... :cry:If you purchased it new, you can probably send it back to Head for warranty service. I believe you have one year warranty.

AndyC
06-09-2004, 07:07 AM
yup they will replace them.. I had one of my LM Instincts replaced as one cracked at the junction of the LM and the rest of the frame.

I did ask Head (well the technician who took my call) what the return rate was and they told me it was about 0.1% (1:1000) of rackets sold to the UK which is fairly low compared to other Head frames (also according to said tech).

Coda
06-09-2004, 09:35 AM
why do you want to change to a different racket? If you can't send for a new LM prestige from Head, just buy another one.

phat
06-09-2004, 06:40 PM
My pro shop will get a replacement from head and in return, I will take products of similar value.