PDA

View Full Version : SAP Open?

jamauss
01-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Is anyone here attending matches at the SAP Open this year?

SAP Open - Feb. 13-19 at HP Pavilion San Jose, CA

I purchased a ticket package and am set to see matches of Agassi, Roddick, Blake, and Hewitt.

I'm also curious - what is your favorite area to sit relative to the court when you attend a match? I enjoy sitting behind the baseline or in the corner so I can see the angle and depth of the shots the players make.

topp
01-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Behind the baseline, of course. But don't tell everyone, those darn seats cost enough already.

See ya there!

dmastous
01-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Is the HP Pavillion what used to be called the Shark Tank?
I used to go to that when it was the Sybase Open back in the '90s

skip1969
01-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Behind the baseline, of course. But don't tell everyone, those darn seats cost enough already.

lol. word!

Fee
01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey, the tragically un-hip, 10 years too late, use of the word WORD! is all mine. But I don't mind being a trendsetter...

Is the HP Pavillion what used to be called the Shark Tank?
I used to go to that when it was the Sybase Open back in the '90s

It's still called the 'Shark Tank' for fun, but all the signs outside say 'HP Pavillion' I'll be there all week.

dmastous
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Hey, the tragically un-hip,
Snip Snip Snip
And proud of it.:p

jamauss
01-28-2006, 03:24 PM
I'll be there all week.

Awesome, me too. I've got court side box seats for Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat. and Baseline for Tues. night matches (Roddick, Blake). Should be a good time.

This is my first tournament since going to the Tennis Hall of Fame tournament last July in Rhode Island. Looking forward to it!:p

bigserving
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
After getting back from Davis Cup, I will be taking in a few sessions during the week. May watch some doubles at the alternate site in Los Gatos early in the week. That is always nice, free admission, right on top of the courts, and no traffic getting in and out of the parking lot.

My preferred seating is also the corner.

jamauss
01-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Yep, should be some good tennis. Even the guys in the top 200 to 500 play better tennis that I will ever play.

Does anyone know if there is ever any high-level tennis played at the Fremont Tennis center? I used to go there to participate in North Coast Championships for tennis in high school but haven't been back in years.