PDA

View Full Version : What's better after 6.0 95, hps 6.0 or hps 6.1?

Kryztof
06-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Hello i've got wilson 6.0 95 (16/18) and i love the way i feel /play with it but i would like to know the feel and play the hps 6.0 and/or the hps 6.1 (18/20) comparing to my old and tired 6.0 95...

Hit 'em clean
06-09-2004, 06:03 AM
The HPS 6.0 95 is an excellent racquet and one that would obviously feel very familiar to you. The difference between the old PS 6.0 95 and the HPS version is that the hoop area is a little stiffer in the HPS version, but the throat area has a little more flex. The result is a more stable racquet. Most agree that the old PS 6.0 95 feels a little more stiff, but I've always felt the new HPS gives me a touch more pop. I will say that the HPS exceeds the old PS version in every area except the serve. Spin serves are okay, but I've found that it's not as easy to get the same juice and placement on my flat serves.

I've hit with the HPS 6.1 and it has a lot more pop than either the PS 6.0 95 or the HPS 6.0 95. It also has a higher swingweight. If you're looking for more pop than the 6.1 might be the ticket. If you want a more stable and improved version of your PS 6.0 than the HPS 6.0 95 would be a nice choice. I love it.

ian mercier
06-09-2004, 06:18 AM
Hit em clean had a pretty good take on this (as I'm just going to second his opinion). I've played with all three - starting with the PS 6.0 and moving to the HPS 6.0 to the HPS 6.1. I currently play with the HPS 6.0 because I felt that it was the best overall racquet for me. The HPS 6.1 was sort-of strange for me. I was counting on it playing like the 6.1 original, but it didn't. Hit-em is right in that it's quite a bit more powerful than the 6.0 and swings a LOT heavier. From your standpoint, you'd probably find that the HPS is very much like the original in every way with the exception that it plays with a little more power on groundstrokes - that power difference is marginal, however. I too found that it was more stable in the upper hoop area which was probably my biggest complaint with the 6.0 original. I will probably try out the new nCode 6.1's when they arrive, but it'll be hard to pry me from the HPS 6.0. Besides, they're quite hard to find now, if I were to ever switch to something else and then switch back.

Ian