PDA

View Full Version : Don't post Match results in title

buder
01-28-2006, 11:22 AM
We have some young kids here -- and, well, they're not very bright. This is not a crime. They're young.

I suggest TW create a kid's websight with a completely different URL. The sight could also be for people who are not intelligent or, for whatever reason, don't have the hard wiring to follow simple instructions.

I never come to TW if I don't want to know match results. But it seems like it would be easy to follow the rules and keep results out of titles.

Court_Jester
01-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Not likely to happen. Who'd want to put in their profile that they're young and stupid?

Just being VERY sarcastic here so chill.

vllockhart
01-28-2006, 11:43 AM
If you don't want to know the results of a tennis match, then perhaps you shouldn't log onto a tennis forum. Even in u don't find out the score, you'll know who won and all the nuances of the match.

I don't get this at all. When I don't want to know the outcome of a match or game, then I don't logon to tennis stuff or watch ESPN.

Grimjack
01-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Seriously, how hard would it be to moderate this place a little bit? Every business of this size on the planet that also has a web forum patrols the place.

Hell, if you can't do it in-house, farm the job out. There have to be a thousand student-age members here who would gladly erase rule-violating posts here twice a day in exchange for 10% off a racquet once a year.

Fee
01-28-2006, 11:56 AM
I would gladly volunteer to help TW moderate these boards. :)

tenalyser
01-28-2006, 11:56 AM
What's this obsession on the board of not wanting the know the score?:confused: TW is the only tennis message board with that habit, if you don't want to know the score then why did you become a tennis fan? If you know that you're gonna miss the match then tape it or watch it online (P2P).

DashaandSafin
01-28-2006, 12:05 PM
We have some young kids here -- and, well, they're not very bright. This is not a crime. They're young.

I suggest TW create a kid's websight with a completely different URL. The sight could also be for people who are not intelligent or, for whatever reason, don't have the hard wiring to follow simple instructions.

I never come to TW if I don't want to know match results. But it seems like it would be easy to follow the rules and keep results out of titles.
And maybe you should post for around a year before offering your opinon on how this board should be run. If you dont like the other persons opinon there is no reason to call them a child, be a man and refute it.

Besides we have discussed the spolier rule to death, most notably during Nalbandians win over Federer during the TMS 2005.
Its not a new idea buddy.