PDA

View Full Version : No more Enberg please

FalconX
01-28-2006, 10:26 AM
His tennis knowledge is laughable, his screwing up all the players names is embarrassing, his essays are boring, his adjectives are inappropriate and oh my that face is too damn old & ugly.

ESPN please hire Kournikova. At least she's easy on the eyes.

Fee
01-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Way to lose all credibility with your last sentence.

edberg505
01-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Way to lose all credibility with your last sentence.

Hahahaha, Funny.

Fetus Gerulaitis
01-28-2006, 07:05 PM
just listen to the way he changes up sentence structure to avoid that all too common and mundane "subject-verb-object" configuration . . . i.e. "A genius in motion . . . Federer is" and uses complicated words de jeur like "cypriot" every other word . . . he is the genius!

"Bugging the crap out of me, Enberg is!"

jamauss
01-28-2006, 07:14 PM
To the Yoda school of tennis broadcasting, I believe Enberg went.

gshaffer23
01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Come on folks. Enberg's been calling tennis since before most of us picked up a racquet. I enjoy his coverage..... although I like it better with J. Mac.

jamauss
01-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Come on folks. Enberg's been calling tennis since before most of us picked up a racquet.

Even more of a reason why his coverage is embarassing. Give us someone like Bud Collins over Enberg any time. Enberg is a generic sports anchor, he calls all kinds of sports, including the olympics. The quality of coverage by someone like JMac, PMac, BGilbert, LJensen, Cliff Drysdale, Mary Carillo, etc. is much better because of their involvement in the game. I even would take the "guests" they usually have the US Open like Becker and other former players over Enberg. Just by virtue of their tennis knowledge they sound less out of place and less confused than Enberg.

I have nothing against Enberg personally...he's just a subpar tennis anchor, IMO.

vicnan
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Come on folks. Enberg's been calling tennis since before most of us picked up a racquet. I enjoy his coverage..... although I like it better with J. Mac.

I think Enberg is ok with the summaries. Play calling is not his forte.

Btw, whatever happened to Johnnie Mac?