PDA

View Full Version : I need a powerful syn gut cross for BB Alu power?

Mr Topspin
01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
I use BB Alu power rough for the PD + at 58/58. I really enjoy this set up but its a bit harsh for my arm. Is there any good syn gut or multis that i could use to soften up the stringbed without sacrificing power and control. Basically i want the same power, feel and control; that i get without the harsh feedback.

I tried Klip legend in the crosses and it tamed the power too much, although i had klip at 58 and Alu at 58. I am wondering whether i should have reduced Alu to 56 and have Klip at 58 but i don't want to have the trampoline effect.

Any suggestions? Please help?

thetenniskid07
01-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Prince Lightning xx power!!!

smittysan89
01-28-2006, 08:08 PM
x-one biphase

Mr Topspin
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
x-one biphase

Is x-one biphase similar to NRG2.

I have reel of NRG2 and could use that instead if it plays similar.

Mr Topspin
01-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Prince Lightning xx power!!!

I have never heard of this string. Is it a syn gut or multi?

Can i get it in the UK?

Gaines Hillix
01-31-2006, 09:17 AM
I use BB Alu power rough for the PD + at 58/58. I really enjoy this set up but its a bit harsh for my arm. Is there any good syn gut or multis that i could use to soften up the stringbed without sacrificing power and control. Basically i want the same power, feel and control; that i get without the harsh feedback.

I tried Klip legend in the crosses and it tamed the power too much, although i had klip at 58 and Alu at 58. I am wondering whether i should have reduced Alu to 56 and have Klip at 58 but i don't want to have the trampoline effect.

Any suggestions? Please help?

You've confused me with this one. A Lux mains/Klip Legend crosses hybrid should be softer and more powerful than a full Lux Alu Power job.

TripleB
01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super

uk_skippy
01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
"Prince Lightning XX"

Can i get it in the UK?

Hi Mr. Topspin.

The above named Prince string is available in the UK. Your local stringer or rqt store should be able to get it. Failing that, drop me an email and I can get a set or two for you.

Regards

Paul

Ripper
01-31-2006, 10:28 AM

Solid core with multifilament wrap . Available in 16 and 17.

SteveI
01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I would go with Forten Sweet 17

Hope this helps..

Steve

Mr Topspin
02-01-2006, 02:43 AM
You've confused me with this one. A Lux mains/Klip Legend crosses hybrid should be softer and more powerful than a full Lux Alu Power job.

It is most definitely underpowered in every aspect i.e strokes, on serve and on volleying. The only plus point is that the hybrid is more accomadating on the arm and has a better feel. I have heard that Federer uses Lux on the cross of his gut mains set up to tame the gut's power. So logically i can see the same applying to Lux BB Alu power rough.

10s99
02-01-2006, 03:57 AM
i've used nrg2 w/ alu and liked it (until my arm hurt) - since you've got a reel, try it - the nrg2 is very soft and dampens the alu pretty well

Mr Topspin
02-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Did u you use the same tension range or different and whhich range did you use. Also how many hours did you get out of this set up as i know that NRG2 does not hold tension well.

Mr Topspin
02-01-2006, 04:38 AM

if i'm struggling for power on Lux/klip hybrid at 58 would it make sense for me to drop the lux mains to say 56 for extra power?

I don't want to get the trampoline effect?

wxr
02-01-2006, 06:19 AM
normally adding gut to a combo increases power.
i dont understand how your 58/58 full lux, was more powerful than the klip/lux combo