PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre Spinfire or Polyspin

thetenniskid07
01-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Has anyone tried Tecnifibre Spinfire or Polyspin? How do they play? How do they compare to other polys? Are they arm friendly and do they hold tension well?

DANMAN
01-28-2006, 02:40 PM
I have played with both. The Polyspin is the only poly that I have found to be tough on my arm. The Spinfire was actually pretty soft but seemed to play stiff. I really don't like either. Unique Big Hitter is much better than both. If sticking in the Tecnifibre range, the poly to get is the Spinfire Maxipower, which I thought played well and was quite comfortable.

Richie Rich
01-28-2006, 04:44 PM
As DANMAN says, Spinfire Maxipower is the poly string to get from Tecnifibre.

The polyspin is prety much a basic first gen poly. reminded me of the kirschbaum super smash strings but a little more stiff. lost tension rapidy. i would avoid it unless you like to restring every week since if you leave it in your racquet longer it will be like a trampoline.

diredesire
01-28-2006, 04:55 PM
As DANMAN says, Spinfire Maxipower is the poly string to get from Tecnifibre.

The polyspin is prety much a basic first gen poly. reminded me of the kirschbaum super smash strings but a little more stiff. lost tension rapidy. i would avoid it unless you like to restring every week since if you leave it in your racquet longer it will be like a trampoline.

I'll echo richie's comments. I playtested the tecnifibre spinfire maxipower, and IMO the string was an attempt by tecnifibre to clone a luxilon string, or at least make an imitation of it. My thoughts of the string were that it was a softer, more comfortable/cushioned ride, but it had less spin production. It's not a bad string by my standards. The polyspin is like richie said, a basic, no frills extruded poly type string. It is susceptible to the normal "basic" poly ailments: Stiff, loses a lot of tension. It plays fair for the price (which isn't very much by any standards, that reel will last you forever if you hybrid it), but don't expect too much from it.