PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer

AngeloDS
01-28-2006, 04:43 PM
How will Rogers ankle hold up against Baghdatis? I'm kind of worried since this will be a pretty physical match and we know Baghdatis can paint the lines and we know Baghdatis has some wheels. Do you think Federer will be like Mauresmo and go gung-ho, "I am prepared to die."

federerhoogenbandfan
01-28-2006, 04:44 PM
I think he will as well. I look forward to that annoying Greek contingent get shut up finaly. Sorry they were fun and spirited at first, but they have started to becoming annoying.

pound cat
01-28-2006, 04:45 PM
They're not annoying. They're Greek. ELLA MARCOS

VolklVenom
01-28-2006, 04:48 PM
FedererHoogenbandfan, you are far more annoying than any "contingent", Greek or otherwise.

federerhoogenbandfan
01-28-2006, 04:49 PM
FedererHoogenbandfan, you are far more annoying than any "contingent", Greek or otherwise.

You are probably a member of the Bagdhatis fan club. :rolleyes:

VolklVenom
01-28-2006, 04:53 PM
no, but compare the electricity of the crowd (Bags v NalBan) as opposed to the deadly silent crowd of Fed v Kiefs.
As if something was missing

federerhoogenbandfan
01-28-2006, 04:54 PM
no, but compare the electricity of the crowd (Bags v NalBan) as opposed to the deadly silent crowd of Fed v Kiefs.
As if something was missing

I like a polite tennis crowd. I dont think they were dead, they were just not crazy.

dingo
01-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I like a polite tennis crowd. I dont think they were dead, they were just not crazy.

Perhaps it's because there was nothing to be crazy about. Just another day at the office for Fed, while Keifer seemed like he'd run out of stream having played all those five-setters before Fed. I don't feel like Bahdatis crowd is impolite or anything, they are just rootting for their guy that's all (that is if you are familiar with a concept of rootting for someone at a sports event).

vicnan
01-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Baghdatis is great for tennis if only for bringing a new set of fans to the sport. And these new fans have been fun to watch and respectful of tennis traditions for the most part.