PDA

View Full Version : My thread on the issue with Ms. Henin-Hardenne

erik-the-red
01-28-2006, 05:11 PM
There have been many threads over this within the past day, but I have created another one nevertheless.

I think she is being bashed very unfairly, as I have stated in an existing thread.

I just glanced over the interview transcript and it is very obvious to me that she was disappointed as to the result in the championship. Who wouldn't be?

But, hey, what's this direct quote that to my knowledge no one has cited?

But it's great for her. She was waiting for that for such a long time, and it's finally coming out, very strange way, Kim and me. But I'm sure it will give her a lot of confidence. She worked very hard so she deserved that.

Woah! Oh my god! Does that sound arrogant? Spoiled? Classless? If that is any of the three to you, then your standards are too high.

How about another one?

I think that she did her job perfectly. She kept the ball in the court. She felt probably I wasn't feeling good and couldn't move very quickly. So she did a good job when we see the circumstances.

Huh...what's all this about some posters saying that she only talked about herself and gave no credit to Mauresmo? Further crap.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Henin-Hardenne is getting a very bad rep. She retired, which disappointed us and all the ticketholders at RLA, but IMO this is better than what Clijsters did. Clijsters could potentially have to sit out for a MUCH longer time than Henin-Hardenne.

Final quote:

But I'm sure she enjoys this moment, and she deserve that.

skip1969
01-28-2006, 05:25 PM
this is like the 15th thread on her, no kidding. everyone seems to have gone a bit mental on this . . . frankenstein-lynch mob style.

whether she deserves the grief or not . . . my guess that in the end, it doesn't really matter all that much to her. and not cos i think she's some ego-maniacal b***h, like some posters have suggested. but because i think most athletes who get to a certain level have enough self-confidence to push on when they fall from grace. some pros even LIKE being hated. and some seek as much press and attention as they can, whether positive or negative.

i'm guessing mrs. hardenne is snuggled up with the hubby, safe in the knowledge that she has friends and family who love her. it's called having perspective. yesterday was not the end of her world.

pound cat
01-28-2006, 05:29 PM
No. sorry, she's all alone. Her husband is taking flying lessons.

arosen
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Pound, its skiing, not flying lessons. Same crap though, I guess. I find the whole issue of JHH defaulting to be a non-issue. There is nothing to it, she stopped for whatever reason. Mauresmo became a champ. End of story.