PDA

View Full Version : ? about justine and safin.

zillianff
01-28-2006, 08:21 PM
okay, first justine, what exactly was the incident that happened in RG when she was playing serena?
and now safin, i know he had some knee trouble, but what exactly was it?

ps: i know these 2 ? are completely unrelated.

ktownva
01-28-2006, 08:34 PM
As Serena was serving during a crucial point in the 3rd set, Justine held up her hand to stop play as if she wasn't ready to receive. Serena saw this, but was already in motion and missed her serve. The chair umpire didn't see Justine hold up her hand, and called the serve a fault. Everyone else saw it but Justine refused to acknowledge it. It is universally agreed that Justine should have given Serena a first serve but she acted like nothing had happened. Anyway, Serena had to play a 2nd serve, and she wound up losing the point and the match.

VictorS.
01-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Safin's knee issues began at the french open last yr. He was having pain and inflammation in the knee. I believe he was able to keep it under control thru painkiller medications and cortisone injections. However, I believe the pain was too much to endure which led to corrective surgery which has taken a bit longer to rehabilitate from than originally expected.

zillianff
01-29-2006, 01:35 AM
oh, tanx a lot guys.

pound cat
01-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Safin's knee issues began at the french open last yr. He was having pain and inflammation in the knee. I believe he was able to keep it under control thru painkiller medications and cortisone injections. However, I believe the pain was too much to endure which led to corrective surgery which has taken a bit longer to rehabilitate from than originally expected.

He hasn't had surgery.. For details go to www.maratsafin.com (Official site)

legolas
01-29-2006, 07:12 AM
As Serena was serving during a crucial point in the 3rd set, Justine held up her hand to stop play as if she wasn't ready to receive. Serena saw this, but was already in motion and missed her serve. The chair umpire didn't see Justine hold up her hand, and called the serve a fault. Everyone else saw it but Justine refused to acknowledge it. It is universally agreed that Justine should have given Serena a first serve but she acted like nothing had happened. Anyway, Serena had to play a 2nd serve, and she wound up losing the point and the match.
wow, aint that an omen to amelie in this years ao, lol