PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure if my PoG is headlight....

Alafter
01-29-2006, 01:45 AM
With my diablo being 9 pts headlight, when I hang it from my finger at the throat, the handle dips down indicating more mass in the handle.

But for the PoG OS, same 9 pts headlight, when I hang it from my finger at the same point, it's even balanced looking. The handle doesnt dip down.

Is there something wrong with this PoG???

Deuce
01-29-2006, 02:34 AM
The POG is an Oversize frame, and the Diablo is not.

This means that the point in the throat where you ang it from your finger is different on each racquet. The point in the throat where you place your finger is lower (closer to the handle) on the Oversize POG. This is why the handle is higher when you balance it.

To do an accurate balance comparison, you must use the exact same balance point on both racquets - i.e. the exact same distance from the end of the racquet

Alafter
01-29-2006, 07:33 AM
mmmm ok i guess i can understand that. Anyways Deuce, just to be dead sure and put my head to rest on this matter, have you tried it out? If so that'll be great cause then you'd just answer me yes and then I can just lay my head to the pillow and rest this case.

PS my pog feels mutedly muted with synthetic gut at 2 lbs above mid tension. Is lower tension the answer to this matter?

Deuce
01-29-2006, 11:44 PM
I found the Diablo Mid too stiff for my liking, and I've never hit with the POG Oversize.

To do an accurate measure of balance, place both racquets on the edge of a table until they are both just barely balancing on the edge. Then mark where the edge of the table is on both racquets. Then measure from the end of the handle to the point you marked.

kv581
01-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Deuce's post #2 basically said it all, and he's right. To compare balance points, you cannot rely on relative landmarks (eg. top of the throat) since they may differ from racquet to racquet. One way to go around this problem, though, is to place the two racquets on top of each other, and take note of how the landmarks line up. Notice how POG OS's oversized hoop extends lower than Diablo mid's? Btw, I do have a POG OS.

Alafter
01-30-2006, 05:09 AM
Sweet! Thanks y'all I am convinced.

BTW Kg my PoG is muted...as in the ball strikes the stringbed and I am not sure where. Anyways to make it a little more communicative? What do you do on your PoG?