PDA

View Full Version : Tested Wave Power

jackson vile
01-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Well I finally tested this string, after 6 months I did it:mrgreen:

And ..... Drum rolll please........ Best stiff string I have played with!

In comparison to what? Pro Poly Plasma 18g (tested in LMIXL, not prestige)

Now the wave power is actually a hybrid of wave octogonal mono (has an octogonal shape going through out the string) and a softer more powerful mono
Gauge 1,28/1,20 mm

Racquet tested in LMP+ 18X20, now what I was looking for was more spin as I am a spin master/monster:mrgreen:

Most people would freak out over me using a stiff string like this in a 18X20 pattern, but this mono (mono is simular to poly) is very very versitile.

The string bed had very very good give to it soft for a ploy/mono but stiff compared to a synthetic, the string did not move what so ever at any point.

It was soft as stated but very very firm I would describe it as the best between a synthetic but all of the characteristics that is loved of a poly.

Power was very good and on par to a synthetic, comfort was high, crisp but not shocking and an ever so slight pocket, I did not lose tension even after 5 straight house of all out hitting

You have really feel the raspy texture of the octogonal.

Testing was done in real game scenario and in spin competition

For a poly/mono the spin was very very good, but as I soon found out poly/mono in a tight pattern of the LMP+ did not allow for full pocketing of the ball.

In spinning the ball with my LMP+ I totally need deap pocketing and dwell in order to get the spin out of the tight string patter.

I did reagain 75% of the spin but you need a completely different stroke and that through me off.

I feel that I would have had far superior spin results if I had used the string in an open pattern or a larger headed racket.

It was really acurate and I would say had the acuracy edge over the NXT I usually use

The string is much cheaper than Poly Plasma or anything that Luxion has to offer, but it in my opinion performs better, and best yet it is already a hybrid with much much thought put into it.

That is all I can think of for now, if you have any questions please ask, I have 3 hybrid sets left over and am will to allow some people to test this out as long as you compensate me for it. The sets are $8.50 that is how much it cost me shipped all the way from France:mrgreen:

So if you want to switch to something stiffer than a synthetic or if you love poly or kevlar ect but don't want to deal with the pain or high price or lack of spin.

Wave Power!

jackson vile
01-31-2006, 08:58 AM
So did anyone like the review? or have any questions:confused:

mutt
01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
I have also try the Wave Power and it's an awesome sting. Do you know what? Before he switch to alu power/vs gut, Marcos Baghdatis was using the Wave Power. He use it during the year 2004 and the summer 2005! Try it, the spin potential and the control is amazing!

jackson vile
01-31-2006, 04:38 PM
I have 3 packs left over if anyone is interested

andyroddick's mojo
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
where can you buy it?
is it on TW?

DANMAN
01-31-2006, 09:02 PM
jackson...email me at DKL2463@aol.com
Dan

jackson vile
01-31-2006, 10:12 PM
My email is jacksonvile@hotmail.com

search google for wave tennis, for those that get those packs from me I just ask that you come back here and give a detailed opinion good or bad;)