PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Skipping Forward in the Final! *SPOILER*

Matthew
01-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Can you believe this?! ESPN has just skipped a few games due to time constraints. This is unbelievable, I watched the match live this morning but I know a lot of people didn't and are watching it now. What a joke, this is the highly anticipated final and when they decide to air it, they skip games.

pound cat
01-29-2006, 10:19 AM
They always do that...always wise to tape it in the middle of the night...and I bet they won't show the ceremony, which, iMO, was the most telling part of the final.

Keifers
01-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Boy, am I glad I stayed up last night!

Very much agree with pound cat -- the ceremony was very special indeed.

(Just read in another thread what Marcos said about Roger in his interview. Very gracious words.)

pound cat
01-29-2006, 11:03 AM
He's such a nice person. I have found that Greek people are as a rule gracious, generous, and have great love of family, as are most middle eastern /European people . Many people wish they had this in their own life. This is my personal experience...no jumping on stereotyes blah blah blah. Please. Thank you, above said from the heart.

Keifers
01-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Did they show any of the ceremony? Thanks.

Keifers
01-29-2006, 11:29 AM
He's such a nice person. I have found that Greek people are as a rule gracious, generous, and have great love of family, as are most middle eastern /European people . Many people wish they had this in their own life. This is my personal experience...no jumping on stereotyes blah blah blah. Please. Thank you, above said from the heart.
Many years ago, the one time I visited Greece, I certainly found what you said to be true.

The Greeks have a very welcoming to visitors.

shawn1122
01-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Did they show any of the ceremony? Thanks.

They didnt show the ceremony during the replay here on TSN. :mad:

raftermania
01-29-2006, 01:23 PM
I expected them to skip whitewash sets, but I didn't think they would skip over the ceremony. I'll have to find myself a transcript somewhere.

skip1969
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
yeah, i missed it, too.

in the wee hours of the morning . . . my eyelids drooped . . . with fed up 3-0 in the fourth.

woke up this morning to find that my vcr tape ran out at 5-2 in the fourth!

watched the replay on espn to catch what i'd missed . . .

and they skipped it. FRACK!

Defcon
01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
This wasn't some 3rd rate college football game, or pro bass fishing or anything really important like that, for which they can and do delay everything else. It was only the worlds best player making some history, and we really shouldn't expect ESPN to show us that can we ?! Noooo, they have their priorities right!

Californication
01-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Nope, they didn't show the ceremony. I got pretty ****ed, cuz just as Federer wins the match...getting ready for the ceremony...they cut to women's track.

Grand Slam Network my ***.

pound cat
01-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Reminder to oneself. If it's live, TAPE IT

TnTBigman
01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
They sure did. Good thing I listend to that voice in my head saying "get up 3.20 am in da mornign and record the thing".

skip1969
01-29-2006, 01:45 PM
They sure did. Good thing I listend to that voice in my head saying "get up 3.20 am in da mornign and record the thing".

rub it in, why dontcha!;)

Shabazza
01-29-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm glad I don't have to cope with ESPN!

vllockhart
01-29-2006, 04:52 PM
ESPN proved once again that it's tennis coverage sucks. If they are not going to fully cover the tournaments, then they need to freaking let another network handle it. They would never chop up their beloved college basketball or golf or anything else it covers.

I was up at 3:30 am watching, but naturally I missed half of it by dropping off to sleep. When I watched the replay to see what I missed, I was appalled. Skipping forward? Not even showing a minute of the ceremony? Not even signing off? To go to another not live event? They are just awful. They've been the recipient of more than one irate email from me.

West Coast Ace
01-29-2006, 04:55 PM
This wasn't some 3rd rate college football game, or pro bass fishing or anything really important like that, for which they can and do delay everything else. It was only the worlds best player making some history, and we really shouldn't expect ESPN to show us that can we ?! Noooo, they have their priorities right!When they replay college football they skip some of the game to fit the time slot.

Defending ESPN - I feel so dirty...

Viper
01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I stayed up until 4:30 making sure I saw everything. I think the cermony was better than the tournament itself.

alexmath2
01-29-2006, 07:55 PM
You guys/gals are some whining b*tches. Espn skipped 3 games, if I remember correctly, of a bageled set and everyone here starts kvetching. I am only 34, but does anyone remember times when you only got to see finals of the majors, and even those were cut. I love tennis, byt people have to remember that ESPN makes it decisions to ultimately make money. If they can make more showng bass fishing or poker, so be it.

alexmath2
01-29-2006, 07:56 PM
You guys/gals are some whining b*tches. Espn skipped 3 games, if I remember correctly, of a bageled set and everyone here starts kvetching. I am only 34, but does anyone remember times when you only got to see finals of the majors, and even those were cut. I love tennis, but people have to remember that ESPN makes it decisions to ultimately make money. If they can make more showng bass fishing or poker, so be it.

idj49
01-30-2006, 05:11 AM
You should be happy that ESPN aired the match live in the first place and still decided to reair it during the day. They know that diehard tennis fans would be up 3:30am to watch it live anyway, mostly casual fans would be watching the reair and that is why they cut the few games out. Tape it live if you want to be assured to catch everything. You can't have everything.