PDA

View Full Version : Request: please more hate and cynicism

dennis10is
01-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello all,

There has been a 10 percent reduction in put downs, reflex hatred of any thing positive. This is unacceptable. According to my calculations, if this trend continues, this forum will become a happy, cheerful, inclusive place where members say nice things about other pros, other posters, and forgive the weaknesses and blemishes in others.

Please make a concerted effort to derride anything and all statements made by others. Make more blatants your jealousies, shallowness, insecurities.

Remember that you are the ONLY person in the world who has the correct take on all things tennis. Actually, you are the only person who has the truth in ALL things, but this is a tennis forums so try to say on topic. Everyone else are inferior, no, stupid, and your job is to tell them just how ignorant they are. Pay particular attention to those foolish enough to say anything positive about a player, jump on them immediate and squash all rebellion.

Let the negativity flow, the crassness exude from your pores just as the sweat pored out of me the last time Anna K and I shared a few special moments together in the jacuzzi.

I must confess that I'm with sin, I loved that fact that Mauresmo won the first slam, very deserving and Badgdy was a breath of fresh new life to the ATP and Federer is King. My friends are hiring a deprogrammer to make sure that soon I will hate and despise all three of them.

sincere disregard and disdain

jamauss
01-29-2006, 03:47 PM
all I have to say is LOL.

Nice.

Shabazza
01-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Hello all,

There has been a 10 percent reduction in put downs, reflex hatred of any thing positive. This is unacceptable. According to my calculations, if this trend continues, this forum will become a happy, cheerful, inclusive place where members say nice things about other pros, other posters, and forgive the weaknesses and blemishes in others.

Please make a concerted effort to derride anything and all statements made by others. Make more blatants your jealousies, shallowness, insecurities.

Remember that you are the ONLY person in the world who has the correct take on all things tennis. Actually, you are the only person who has the truth in ALL things, but this is a tennis forums so try to say on topic. Everyone else are inferior, no, stupid, and your job is to tell them just how ignorant they are. Pay particular attention to those foolish enough to say anything positive about a player, jump on them immediate and squash all rebellion.

Let the negativity flow, the crassness exude from your pores just as the sweat pored out of me the last time Anna K and I shared a few special moments together in the jacuzzi.
has devila payed you, already :p

I must confess that I'm with sin, I loved that fact that Mauresmo won the first slam, very deserving and Badgdy was a breath of fresh new life to the ATP and Federer is King. My friends are hiring a deprogrammer to make sure that soon I will hate and despise all three of them.

I'm a sinner, too! :(

pound cat
01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Those who don't need it, get it.

Those who need it don't get it.

Life goes on.

Great thread/

Grimjack
01-29-2006, 04:00 PM
View Profile: dennis10is
dennis10is
Rookie

:rolleyes:

wings56
01-29-2006, 04:00 PM
brilliant, absolutely magnificent

Grimjack
01-29-2006, 04:04 PM
brilliant, absolutely magnificent

TY

Californication
01-29-2006, 04:09 PM
View Profile: dennis10is
dennis10is
Rookie

What, just because you've posted more on a message board makes you the better man?

Yours!05
01-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Splendid dennis!
Drat. Just lost my original laudatory post, but... enjoying yours:) .

Grigollif1
01-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Hello all,

:p The old reverse Psychology han... enlightening

dennis10is
01-29-2006, 04:31 PM
has devila payed you, already :p

I'm a sinner, too! :(

My mommy taught me that if I don't have anything bad to say, I shouldn't say anything.

pound cat
01-29-2006, 04:35 PM
My mommy taught me that if I don't have anything bad to say, I shouldn't say anything.

And.......?????????? did you llisten????????????

vllockhart
01-29-2006, 04:37 PM
I just hope your forehead doesn't get too bloody, cuz asking people to be more polite in these things is the equivalent of bashing your head up against a wall.

Shabazza
01-29-2006, 04:42 PM
aha, that's why your postcount is so low..
being a badass is really tough these days :( , but keep up the "bad" work

dmastous
01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
You don't need a high post count to be right on the mark.
The negativity and cynicism on this board has caused even this cynical one to stop looking into what everyone here has to say.
Less cynicism more happy people.:p

Phil
01-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Hello all,

I get your point, but your execution is flat. A parody or lampoon needs to be infused with INTELLIGENCE and biting wit-yours had none of either. If you wanted to do this right, you should have hired someone to write the script for you. The next time you decide to do a parody, I suggest you give our very own Dedans Penthouse a call-he'll put the humor and the bite into a humorless and self-serious (self righteous?) piece. Trust me.

dennis10is
01-29-2006, 05:12 PM
And.......?????????? did you llisten????????????

Not a first but I was young and foolish. Now, I have learned to dislike almost everybody. It is a work in progress.

arosen
01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Ok, OK, I admit it, I love bashing Serena more than anything. Even more than watching the wonderful tennis she has been playing along with her sister. Perhaps, I am such a sour grape that I prefer to bash her instead of spending my time well learning how to act on court from the classy and ever-so-friendly Kiefer. Now that I read your post, I realised that I could probably be better off trying to embrace a benevolent Aussie spirit, say, by learning how to be nice to those around you. Lleyton Hewitt comes to mind as a possible role model right away. The tour is chock full of those that set a great example for all of us. I feel ready now to follow that example. Thank you....(sobbing uncontrollably)

Mr.Federer
01-29-2006, 05:28 PM
So far this should be the thread of 2006 year.

RogerRulez
01-29-2006, 05:29 PM
So far this should be the thread of 2006 year.

Right on. LOL!

Yours!05
01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
http://theaustralian.news.com.au/printpage/0,5942,17977637,00.html
Justine's selfish capitulation bit hard to stomach
Patrick Smith
30jan06

THIS Australian Open has taught the innocent much and underlined the obvious to the cynical. Not the least that tennis is such a selfish sport it almost becomes a compulsory trait no matter how inherently pleasant a player might be.

As the competitors turn up for their post-match media conferences it is reinforced time and again that this is the most individual of sports. Not only do you confront your daily opponent but there are linesfolk to battle, an umpire to rattle and a media to beat off. Coaches can give only the most perfunctory succour from the stands.
Nicolas Kiefer scowls at linesmen and women, curses, insolently challenges the umpire. When he cannot control his emotions -- when he says they are cooking -- he does the unthinkable and inexcusable. He throws his racquet towards Sebastien Grosjean as his quarter-final opponent was moving to play the ball. He does not apologise.
Ivan Ljubicic, the fifth seed, is a Croatian who complained about the crowd noise, not accepting that, towards the end of his match against Marcos Baghdatis, supporters of both sides had lost control. Maria Sharapova screams every time she strikes the ball and turns a blind eye and deaf ear to sound and vision of her father shouting out during rallies.
Little Lleyton cannot get the speed of the court surface to his liking. He cannot get enough tickets for his supporters. So it is faithfully reported in his news letter, the Herald-Sun, that Hewitt will miss the next Davis Cup tie. His manager, Rob Aivatoglou, says that the player feels his record at Davis Cup is not appreciated.
It is a reckless comment that treats Hewitt's supporters as fools. Little Lleyton has his shortcomings but he is treasured by the public for his previously obsessive commitment to national duties. He has won 27 singles matches for Australia, more than any other player. As for tickets for his matches at Rod Laver Arena, Hewitt gets 32 free tickets as a seeded player every time he steps on court.
Beaten players are asked at their media conferences how they expect their opponents to proceed through the tournament. Most are guarded and *****rdly in praise. Nicole Vaidisova is just 16 and ranked in the top 20. She says she couldn't care less. She's outta here. The Czech teenager had just been beaten 6-1 6-1 in 52 minutes by Amelie Mauresmo.
The balanced views of Lindsay Davenport and Roger Federer cannot off-set the feeling that professional tennis is the work place of brats and self-centred, indulgent millionaires.
Justine Henin-Hardenne has worked hard to overcome persistent injuries. An under-nourished foot muscle has caused her all sorts of misery as she has tried to compensate for its uselessness. As of last Friday all the diligent gym work had been rewarded.
"In the past two years I have never felt as good as now," she said on the eve of her final against Mauresmo. "Even if I played well in a couple of tournaments, I wasn't feeling as physically as well as I am feeling right now."
No mention of a shoulder injury so sore and agitated that she was forced to take a course of anti-inflammatory tablets then double it as the pain worsened. Her coach Carlos Rodriguez appeared oblivious to her plight. On the very day Henin-Hardenne declared her fitness, he said her commitment to tennis was a passion. "They (the champions) don't care about how many titles. It is a hunger and passion for competition. For Justine, it is that. She really wants to compete and she is hungry. She needs it."
Really? After 52 minutes and nine games of the final, Henin-Hardenne walked to the umpire and conceded the match. It gave Mauresmo, the tournament's form player and 6-1 2-0 leader over the Belgian woman, her first Grand Slam title at 26 years of age. Henin-Hardenne said afterwards her stomach was wracked with pain because of the heavy regime of anti-inflammatory tablets. Her previous night was mostly sleepless and she had considered calling the doctor at 3am to treat her ailment.
However, she had shown no sign of illness in her match. She had not looked distressed, just beaten. She did not vomit, gasp or collapse. She had not long completed a 33-shot rally. She decided to forfeit the match because she was in pain and thought there was nothing to gain but perhaps an injury. This from a woman who has been regarded as one of the toughest little critters on the tour.
It is not unfair to consider that the pain was not stopping Henin-Hardenne, victor in four Grand Slam events, from playing on. But it might have stopped her from winning. And thus it was enough for her to end the match.
The final was worth more than $1million to the winner; seats had been booked months in advance; sponsors committed their money; and TV viewers locked in. But Henin-Hardenne owed more than just these people. She owed Mauresmo the right to win the tournament with her racquet and not by forfeit. She had a duty to play on. She no doubt would have, had the scoreline been reversed.
Mauresmo has reached the quarter-finals in 14 of the 16 Grand Slams she has played in since the 2001 US Open. She has not played in a final since the 1999 Australian Open. It has been an intolerable wait for her to win her first major title and she has been forced to endure the rising opinion that she cannot summon the nerve to win big matches.
She deserved her moment under the roof of Rod Laver Arena: the right to spontaneously accept the applause of the crowd; the right to holler and scream with joy. That was denied her because Henin-Hardenne came to the conclusion she could not win.
It was an egocentric decision but in keeping with a sport that wallows in a culture of self-interest.

dennis10is
01-29-2006, 06:08 PM
The weather was nice for two consecutive Saturday these past two weeks, I was able to play outdoor on Long Island, New York. The cure for tennis is for us amateur to keep on playing tennis. If you have just finished a good hitting session, nothing that the pros do cannot ruin your day.

I would suggest that we allow racket throwing at opponents are a viable stroke. Imagine, Andy Hewitt or Kiefer throwing their rackets at Federer.

We can have a new style, he's a serve and thrower, a chip, charge and throw.

IN 2006 Federer completes his First Grand Slam. During the season ending championship, Hewitt successfully threw his racket at Federer's head, sending him into a coma. Six years latter, Federer wakes up from his coma, and picks up where he left off by winning his Second Grand Slam, equalling Sampras 14 majors. IN the mean time, Hewitt was paralyzed by a fantastic Kiefer head butt. Kieffer was penalized $2000 USD for excessive use of force but said that it was worth it.

Serena checked herself into an Eating Disorder Clinic for anerexia nervosia, upon released, Hantuchova became her eating 12 steps sponsor.

Oops!! Looks like I was delusional, must have been from the bump in the head I received while playing on Saturday.

slack hack
01-29-2006, 09:34 PM
I get your point, but your execution is flat. A parody or lampoon needs to be infused with INTELLIGENCE and biting wit-yours had none of either. If you wanted to do this right, you should have hired someone to write the script for you. The next time you decide to do a parody, I suggest you give our very own Dedans Penthouse a call-he'll put the humor and the bite into a humorless and self-serious (self righteous?) piece. Trust me.

I dunno, I thought it was funny.
Don't know how entertaining or vital these boards would be if everyone went for it though.

go_nadal
01-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Lol.
This thread is brilliant:)

156MPHserve
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
My life would be black and white without people like you dennis

alienhamster
01-29-2006, 10:17 PM
There's nothing wrong with healthy, smart cynicism. As much as I like the spirit of your post, it sounds a little pollyanna-ish (in an ironic way). It's helpful to distinguish the well reasoned cynics from the truly dumb "hatin' for hatin's sake" posts.