PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play with the H Tour - Opinions?

GuyPerez
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Just looking for feedback on the Wilson H Tour. How do you like it? Any comparisons to the 300G?
Thanks,
Guy

NoBadMojo
06-09-2004, 12:43 PM
hi there. i think if you did a search of posts here, info would come up for you. i've hit w. it a couple times. thought it was void of feel and had a small sweetspot. this was the mid..i think there is an oversize out now. ed

tschevap
06-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I playtested a couple of days! The frame feels very stiff and does not provide much stability. It gave me good spin, but was very weak on serves. No pace at all, much spin on second serves but not too much control.
After all i decided, this is not the frame for me...

Now i use the Dunlop 200G HM and it feels just marvelous. Great spin, very good touch and total pinpoint accuracy. Besides: i hit more aces than in my Head PRestige time...

Shane Reynolds
06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I had pretty much written the racquet off as too stiff and too small of a sweetspot but then something possessed me to get it restrung. I had it done at 58lbs with XCel Premium 17, and this is a completely different racquet! I am getting tons more 1st serves in (though the pace is not as good as some other racquets I've used) and the sweetspot feels huge. I had just put it up for sale on the Classifieds board but now I may keep it.

ragnaROK
06-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I playtested it once just for kicks. I was surprised how stable it was even with the light weight. Felt so strange in my hands. It was too stiff for my tastes tho. Contrary to what others have said, I felt it had too much power. I'd say it felt like a stable Hyper Hammer.

djbrown
06-10-2004, 06:14 AM
I've been using the H Tour for several months after having used the 5.2 predecessor for a year or so. No complaints here. I'd classify myself as a 4.0 baseliner.