PDA

View Full Version : demo: Radical MP vs Instict OS vs Warrior MP/OS

planestress
01-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Demo'd 4 rackets - 1st play session today
Head Liquid metal Radical mp: didn't care for, did not feel solid for me or my playing partner.

Head liquid metal Intinct OS: very nice on return of serve with big head size. Very wide head shape is not asthetically pleasing and felt too big to serve quickly although this could be just in my head.

Prince warrior MP/OS: I liked 'em both with the OS feeling a little nicer on serve returns, MP a little more controlled on ground strokes. Both felt very solid at net. The OS didn't seem near as big as the Instict on serving.

Rankings so far: 1) Warrior MP/OS - too close to call, 3) Instict and 4) radical - I think I've ruled it out.

I will probably get a doubles session before I have to send them back so 1 set apiece for the Warriors and Instict.

Any things specific I should be looking for from those with experience with these frames?

Thanks

Jalapeno2006
01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't know what racquet you are swinging, but the LM radical is an amazing stick. The MP warrior is also very nice and moderately stable. I would simply reconsider the radical, which is my racquet of choice after demoing as well.

Additionally... consider what grip type you use when buying a racuqet. It seems like you don't exactly have the field narrowed down if you are looking at oversize and 97 in^2 racquets. Remember... as important as a racquet is... knowing how to swing it right is infinitely more valuable.

bridge
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Are you aware the warrior os can be had for 30 and tw will match it? My thinking is you could do an "extended" demo then sell it if you didn't like it. How much could you lose? I purchased a dozen of them a few months back, and I have no regrets. For me, it has a huge sweetspot, easy spin, great control at low tensions (40 average) along with added pop, and nice balance as is. I find it a great platform for experimenting with weighting, hybrids, and tensions. Slight changes can make it a different animal, and its easy to tailor to your preferences.

darkhorse
01-30-2006, 09:26 AM
By LM Instinct OS do you mean the XL version? Because I'm pretty sure that the Instinct comes in 100 sq. inches only.

planestress
01-31-2006, 09:10 AM
By LM Instinct OS do you mean the XL version? Because I'm pretty sure that the Instinct comes in 100 sq. inches only.

My bad. I mixed up my comments on the Instict and the Radical. I did not care for the Instict MP. The Radical OS is the one with the fat head.

Had another session last night and both me and my playing partner are favoring the Warrior MP. It feels very solid on all shots to me. I have one more doubles match scheduled before I have to return the demo's. My arm was dead last night - I hope it's just because of more frequent play than my usual once a week.

planestress
01-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Are you aware the warrior os can be had for 30 and tw will match it?

Bridge, I was aware that you could get the OS for 30+10 for stringing. But I'm leaning toward the MP. Do you know if TW will match the OS price with an MP? or is there someplace else selling the MP for $30?

Thanks