PDA

View Full Version : around the world stringing.....

Squid
01-29-2006, 06:39 PM
does anyone know any website links that can give me a step by step overview of around the world stringing. if the website has pics as well... it would be greatly appreciated.

dancraig
01-29-2006, 07:01 PM
In it's most simple form: If the mains would end at the bottom in a one piece job, forcing you to string the crosses from the bottom up, don't string the last main on the long side. Start the crosses at the top with that last main undone. When you finish the crosses, weave the last main from bottom up and tie off.

NOTE:
If you have an even number of crosses, start stringing crossses at the first cross. If you have an odd number of crosses, start the crosses at the second cross. You will complete the first cross at the end after you weave back up to the top.

Masamusou
01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
If you have a racquet with 18 or 20 crosses, you would start on the top cross. If the racquet has 19 crosses, for example the pure drive, you would start with the second cross from the top. That means you would string the short side normally, but on the long side, instead of finishing the last main, you would go across the second top cross (hole 10H I believe) and do the crosses down from there, then up the last main, and finish with the top cross. That leaves you to tie off up at the head.

Steve Huff
01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
If you send me an email, include type of stringing machine, racket, and clamps you have available, I'll send you a step-by-step way to do it.
Steve Huff stmt@comcast.net.

diredesire
01-29-2006, 11:41 PM
an alternative version, a tutorial for people unfamiliar with around the world. It's by no means the easiest version, but i like it.

It's got it's pros and cons, which can be found at GSS, but you can look that up yourself:

http://students.washington.edu/~jdeng/ATW/index.html

Squid
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
anyone want to add to this?