PDA

View Full Version : ESPN = Fantastic coverage -- if you have TiVo

borisboris
01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Well my wife re-subscribed to Tivo in Nov which allowed me to tape the Masters. The tennis coverage of the Aussie Open was really first rate. I watched so many Tivo'd matches that other tennis players were wondering about. Hey at least ESPN replayed the Final - though edited for time constraints -- name another Sport with Majors that are aired twice in 24 HRS!!!!! Chris Fowler is an absolute natural at the desk - geez he goes from the National Champ to the Aussie Open and is never missed a beat. I Tivo'd the trophy presentation -- something very special - to be hailed in the media as the best ever - evern by Laver - then to win the slam in Laver Arena then to have Laver present seemed overwhelming. Only one player in the world has had a moment like that - no one else can imagine what they would do in the same situation.

eagle
01-30-2006, 03:14 AM
I don't have a Tivo but I do have a LiteOn hard disk drive and DVD recorder. No capability to read ahead on programming but at least no monthly fees. :)

I've recorded a lot of tennis matches with it since Wimbledon. One of these days, I'll offload them to DVDs.

It was good to sleep through the finals knowing that I can watch it later at my leisure. :)

r,
eagle

Geezer Guy
01-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Yep - I'm a big fan of watching Tennis on TIVO myself. I very much enjoyed the Men's Doubles finals that followed the Women's Singles Finals. I'm glad I had modifed my end-time to record an extra 1.5 hours.

Ace&Gary
01-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Ace: We don't understand why so many people are compaining about ESPN. We had the Dish DVR recording 5-7 hours of tennis every day. I think ESPN did a great job on a tennis open on the other side of the globe.

Gary: P.Mack and Grandpa Munster know a lot about tennis.