PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Ranking

dancraig
01-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Serena Williams is ranked #39 now.

http://www.wtatour.com/rankings/singles_numeric.asp

Bones08
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Doesn't really matter. She has nothing to defend at the French, and she has 3rd round at Wimbeldon. No summer hardcourt events to defend.

Max G.
01-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Means she won't be seeded at any of the big events.

Applez
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
She will be back in the top 10 before Roland Garros

aj_m2009
01-30-2006, 02:05 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: I hope you're right!!!!!

Shabazza
01-30-2006, 03:06 AM
for some reason I doubt it...:-|

jtreed2000
01-30-2006, 05:46 AM
I think it's good for her. Hopefully she'll be convinced to work harder now, or will she retire? She looked like a cow IMO in Melbourne. Anyone who was watching could see that. Both her and Venus have some work to do if they wanna get back to the top. Lots of wasted talent between them. I wouldn't wanna go out like that so hopefully they'll get it together again...

Nuke
01-30-2006, 06:37 AM
They need a good coach who can motivate them. Not their father.

@wright
01-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Good - nothing left to lose in tennis! On to Coney Island for the Nathan's Hot Dog eating Championship! Look out Kobiyashi, you can't take on the big hitter! Serena - she eats more before 8am than most of us eat all day!

jtreed2000
01-30-2006, 06:52 AM
They need a good coach who can motivate them. Not their father.

Exactly. I've said the same thing in other posts. Commentators always make those remarks as well. It makes you wonder how they got there in the first place. They certainly need some motivation after seeing their performances down under. Roddick has a similar one dimensional game that took him to the top, but none of the US players seem very dynamic, with the exception of Agassi and time is against him. Even Agassi is a baseline basher, but he is THE baseline basher, you know. I was hoping Ginepri would step up this year, maybe he will, but I think Blake still tries to blast too many balls like the Williams sisters. Time will tell.

jtreed2000
01-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Good - nothing left to lose in tennis! On to Coney Island for the Nathan's Hot Dog eating Championship! Look out Kobiyashi, you can't take on the big hitter! Serena - she eats more before 8am than most of us eat all day!

Haha. She looks more capable of breaking the 50+ hotdogs in an hour than Kobiyashi, lol. She is a big girl, but any extra weight is no good for her. I think she could have dropped a few pounds at other times, much less Jan 06. It was really obvious she didn't train. Still got game, but about 1/2 the speed and awful footwork. Venus didn't show the weight, but it was apparent in her strokes.