PDA

View Full Version : luxilon timo or ace 18?

andyroddick's mojo
01-29-2006, 11:29 PM
hey guys
just wondering if you guys have tried either of these, or both
if so, which do you think is better in you're opinion overall (playability +durability)

P.S. I knew federer would win ;)

djones
01-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Ace has better feel and it seemed to give me more spin as well!

devilish_duke
01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I use Ace, which is said to be less harsh on your arm than TiMo. However, I would recommend that you hybrid it with gut or syn gut. I love this combination, especially after I used a full Ace job. It was too powerful and stiff enough to cause a forearm/hand strain. Hybrid it and it'll work wonders for you.

smittysan89
01-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Do you think that Ae is worth it with a semi-western forehand?

Ripper
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Roddick's Mojo, why did you leave him? :confused:

andyroddick's mojo
01-31-2006, 07:57 PM
haha, i don't...know...
just felt like it. jk. well thanks everyone for the awesome feedback, i'm gonna order some luxilon ace string and probably hybrid it like suggested by devilish duke, as soon as my current strings break. thanks again!

GrahamIsSuper
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Ace is great I have a reel of 18 and wouldnt switch it with anything else. Its a very soft polyseter, and i have used it for months without any pain. Timo is aight, lux sent me like 3 sets of 16 but i wasnt a huge fan. Cant argue with free stuff though.

Richie Rich
01-31-2006, 08:42 PM
liked the softness (if you can call a poly soft) of Ace. much better feel than TiMO. Timo, either a full job or hybrid, is the only string that bothers my elbow and shoulder. all other poly's ive tried feel relatively comfortable, except Timo. I'd stick to ace.

Fatmike
02-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Timo 18 is my favorite string, nice power, lots of spin. Ace wasn't as good for me. Both broke in less then 10 hours.
I don't use timo anymore cause break too easily

Rabbit
02-01-2006, 06:58 AM
I prefer TIMO over Ace as well. Ace has a weird feel to it that I didn't like. I tried it twice at two different tensions and had the same reaction. TIMO is a hard playing string. However, it is a great control and spin string. I've found nothing else in the Luxilon line that delivers like TIMO. Second place in the line has to go to ALU with third Original, a very comfortable hit.

theace21
02-01-2006, 07:26 AM
I have used both, and I prefered Ace. I have gotten away from all polys for the last 18 months...Never tried a hybrid with gut, might have helped the arm...