PDA

View Full Version : Federer (YAWN...)

JCF
01-29-2006, 11:56 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Alexaggie
01-30-2006, 06:21 AM
agreed....

shawn1122
01-30-2006, 06:25 AM
:confused:

@wright
01-30-2006, 06:31 AM
You're just mad cause Juan Carlos Ferrero couldn't fight his way out of a brown paper bag. He'll be playing qualies in another year!

Noelle
01-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Them's fightin' words!

tom-selleck
01-30-2006, 06:46 AM
he was one point away from needing to win in five sets in both the QF and the finals. how is that boring??

in the finals, it was one point from being down two breaks in the second set, so i'd assume that has to go to five sets (with fed's having good chance).

but i don't think his domination has become as straight-forward as implied.

@wright
01-30-2006, 06:46 AM
Glad someone noticed!

Grigollif1
01-30-2006, 06:51 AM

What is the reason to watch a sport? Isn't to experience greatness? well, you may just be watching the greatest of them all in front of your eyes while you are zzzzzzzzz. Wake up ;)

arnz
01-30-2006, 07:16 AM
This thread-----YAWN

vllockhart
01-30-2006, 07:23 AM

It's impossible for a true tennis fan to snooze thru a Federer match. He's too likely to come up with a stunning series of shots. Just because the guy has too much class to become a spectacle doesn't mean at all that he's boring. Maybe you're the boring one. ;)

tangerine
01-30-2006, 07:53 AM
LOL. I agree. Roger's great, but I didn't even bother watching most of the match. Just glad this boring slam has finally ended.

Shaolin
01-30-2006, 11:13 AM
I remember when Pete was called Samprazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz before and we all know what he went on to do.

Ash Doyle
01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
LOL. I agree. Roger's great, but I didn't even bother watching most of the match. Just glad this boring slam has finally ended.

Boring Slam!? This was one of the more exiting slams in quite some time. The men's AND women's side has some great stuff!

Virtuous
01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
You're just mad cause Juan Carlos Ferrero couldn't fight his way out of a brown paper bag. He'll be playing qualies in another year!
tee hee

but seriously, I'm glad that the dominating player is one whose game i enjoy and personality i admire. Since you're not a fan of his, i can see where you're coming from but you've gotta respect what he's been able to do for the last 2 yrs

Shabazza
01-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Why did you turn on the TV in the first place?? :rolleyes: - So many "boring" Slams still to come. :-|

Alexaggie
01-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Shabazza thats what we should be afraid of. When the casual tennis fan decides that Federer will win and whats the point of watching, no more tennis on TV.

tenalyser
01-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by JCF

Boring, why? Because your fave player got a early exit from the Australian Open? But I bet when Federer will lose a match you will be one of the first to post that his domination will be over and that tennis "is the most exciting sport on the planet" :roll: (sorry for the exaggeration). I can understand the fact that he is not your favorite player but "Boring":?: I don't think so.

spirit
01-30-2006, 12:12 PM
I like drama and excitement as much as the next guy or gal, and so I often see myself looking for the upset in a Federer match - rooting for the underdog. This adds to the enjoyment of watching a Federer match, to see how Federer avoids being upset. He is just beautiful to watch. The forehand, the backhand, the volleys, the all court play, the construction of points, the footwork, the classic serving motion, the placement of the serves, and the variety of serves, his adjustment to his opponents game; and done all so smoothly.

And, if need be, remind yourself that you are very probably wathcing the greatest player that ever played the game.

During a Federer match, I often say to myself, God, if he could only have played Johnny Mac in his prime, or Bjorn Borg, or Rod Laver (and I could be watching - just imagining how matches like that would have turned out). What would Mac do against Federer? How about a Federer - Pancho Gonzales match? That would be titanic. From what I have read and heard, Richard Pancho Gonzalez hated to lose. Would he have served and volleyed the Fed off the court?

All I can say, if wathcing Federer play is boring to you, then something must be missing from your appreciation of the game.

Shabazza
01-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Shabazza thats what we should be afraid of. When the casual tennis fan decides that Federer will win and whats the point of watching, no more tennis on TV.
well, cause of Fed they start to show way more tennis here where I live than between 2002-2004 (and no I'm not swiss) - it's still not enough, but a progress...no negative affects for me! :p

devila
01-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I watched Pancho Gonzales biography (Spike TV). I watched Borg's matches, interviews and read his tennis instructions. They were and will always be fun and fantastic.
Arthur Ashe wasn't among the best, but he was a humble, warm, sophisticated role model.

Federer's a sore loser, admitted that he called an opponent an idiot. He's narcissistic and laughed when his opponent broke his serve. That's pure arrogance.

Grigollif1
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I watched Pancho Gonzales biography (Spike TV). I watched Borg's matches, interviews and read his tennis instructions. They were and will always be fun and fantastic.
Arthur Ashe wasn't among the best, but he was a humble, warm, sophisticated role model.

Federer's a sore loser, admitted that he called an opponents an idiot. He's narcissistic and laughed when his opponent broke his serve. That's pure arrogance.

Got Love?

Roger is Boring
01-30-2006, 07:16 PM
agreed

zzzzzzz!

knasty131
01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
everyone must think he is boring due to him not showing emotion...im my opinion i think thats great...not only is it hard to break him down, but his opponent can never feed off of his negative energy

go_nadal
01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
He is not boring. Its great to watch a great champion and people who said he is boring are not true fans:D

RogerRulez
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM

You can't be serious!

The grace of his game and his personality has me totally mesmerised. I often have to get out of bed at 3am to watch him play, but I never miss the opportunity. So fluid, so effortless yet so powerful. And while he keeps a veneer of serenity, I think you can sense emotion simmering below the surface!

JCF
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
of course i respect it !!

I just wish the other lads would raise the bar a bit.