PDA

View Full Version : Federer only seems to play for the record.

djones
01-30-2006, 03:46 AM
When I see Federer play/win, I feel like he's just there to chase the records.
Whenever he wins a GS, it's like 'just 7 more to go', instead of being happy about the fact that he won te tournament itself.

Maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but that's what it seems to me!

arnz
01-30-2006, 03:50 AM
The guy cried his brains out. He didnt go ho hum lets get on with the trophy, i wanna get out of here so I can go to the French. What more do you want as proof he was happy to win?

djones
01-30-2006, 04:04 AM
The guy cried his brains out. He didnt go ho hum lets get on with the trophy, i wanna get out of here so I can go to the French. What more do you want as proof he was happy to win?

He'll cry harder everytime he gets closer to the 14!

Shabazza
01-30-2006, 04:07 AM
yep he cried really hard at the USO last year....:rolleyes:

arnz
01-30-2006, 04:11 AM

Whatever. you're not making sense so I'll just leave this thread now

djones
01-30-2006, 04:16 AM
"He'll cry harder everytime he gets closer to the 14!"

Uhm that was just a joke!

Warriorroger
01-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Whenever he wins a GS, it's like 'just 7 more to go', instead of being happy about the fact that he won te tournament itself.

How do you get semi-pro with stupid posts like this. You're probably laughing your t i t s of because of us stupid ones who reply. Good on ya.

Nuke
01-30-2006, 05:10 AM
What's so wrong with Fed chasing the record? At this point he has nothing more to prove. So what, if he wants to cement his place in the record books?

Warriorroger
01-30-2006, 05:44 AM
What's so wrong with Fed chasing the record? At this point he has nothing more to prove. So what, if he wants to cement his place in the record books?

:rolleyes: Pleae don't turn this into a 2 page thread:mad:

@wright
01-30-2006, 07:30 AM

djones, you ignorant s-l-u-t! I hope this is a joke!

Grigollif1
01-30-2006, 07:40 AM

There is no way in my view, That you can play just for the future or to break records. You play in the moment for every point, every ball...That is specially the case with Roger, who seems to have great presence in evert shot.

Buuurnz
01-30-2006, 07:53 AM
why does Federer cry? Can u imagine what kinda pressure was on him and how hard it is to handly that!?

vllockhart
01-30-2006, 08:20 AM

I don't think he's "just" playing for the records. That would be ridiculous. Has he ever said, "7 more to go?" No. In fact, he says specifically that it's not his main motivation. You can't get ahead of yourself when you're playing. You have to play in the moment or you'll lose for sure.

It's not like when Sampras was at 12 slams. You knew he wanted to break the record. Federer is only at 7. He has too far to go to just be playing for the record. He plays because he loves the game.

devila
01-30-2006, 01:53 PM
The good, but not great competition are too lazy to improve themselves adequately. The youngest players (Berdych, Gasquet, Baghdatis) aren't talented enough. Even a veteran like Santoro is greater than Monfils.

Roddick and Safin can't care less. They used injury excuses to avoid Federer. Consequently, Federer plays poorly and wins.

Federer knows he'll win at least as many slams as Sampras. Explains why he was nonchalant at the Australian Open final. He casually pushed the ball out when he was down 0-2, break point down.

Django
01-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Playing only for the GS record? Have you seen Roger's win/loss record for the past year? I never saw Pete go an entire year, dropping only 4 matches. The guy brings it at each and every tournament.

devila
01-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Sampras didn't try to break every serve and to win every match. He isn't that selfish. Federer is only capable of being greedy. Nothing else is interesting about him.

arnz
01-30-2006, 02:38 PM
lol @ devila.

Federer is a tennis player. He isn't the devil. There are many people who I abhor in the world, but most of them are murderers or criminals of some sort

Lighten up dude :)

Polaris
01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Sampras didn't try to break every serve and to win every match. He isn't that selfish. Federer is only capable of being greedy. Nothing else is interesting about him.

Oh, the utter slobbering idiocy of the troll. I feel bad for having endured you this long. Welcome to my Ignore List.

pianeon
01-30-2006, 03:38 PM

:D Oh man, thanks. I needed a laugh. Work was getting boring!

opiate
01-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Devila, I salute you for being an equal opportunity hater.

Keep up the good work in keeping all the superstars' feet stuck firmly to the ground. With fans like yourself, I don't think Federer will ever feel too magnificent.

:)

Matthew
01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
First of all, chasing records means winning matches. So I don't think its a big deal the guy wants to win. Heaven forbid...

Second, of course he is out there because he loves the game. Did you not see that ceremony the other day when he was absouletely taken by the moment and his emotions practically erupted. Damn! Also, Roger himself said that he continued his career not winning another match again, he would still play and he would still love the game and look back on his career as a success, not because he won so many titles, but because he was given the opportunity to compete.

vllockhart
01-30-2006, 04:01 PM

I'm wondering why a tennis player or any athlete would not try to win every time he or she stepped onto the court. The possibility staggers the mind.

Don't hate, congratulate.

vllockhart
01-30-2006, 04:01 PM

I'm wondering why a tennis player or any athlete would not try to win every time he or she stepped onto the court. The possibility staggers the mind.

Don't hate, congratulate.

Phil
01-30-2006, 05:04 PM

So what should he do to meet your "expectations"? Intentionally lose a few matches? Manipulate his record so that it's not "above the pack"? EVERY pro out there WISHES he could win as consistantly as RF, and they all TRY-he just happens to be the only one at the moment who is capable at succeeding. There are always a-holes out there ready to knock the champs from their pegs for the ONLY reason that they are champs. Yours is the comment of a perpetual loser. A fat slob of a Joe Sixpack who wants to see "HIS" heros lose as much as he does.