PDA

View Full Version : bigger than a Prestige MP but Smaller than Rad O/S?

rich s
01-30-2006, 06:54 AM
I need some help in raquet selection.

I find the LM Prestige MP a little too demanding at times and the Rad O/S's does not offer enough control (too powerful).

What is there in between the two that might be a little more forgiving but still offer a good deal of control without being too demanding and too light?

I mostly play a baseline game and only come to the net when the point develops as such... I don't rush the net for the sake of getting to the net...and I take fuller strokes than shorter strokes.

I prefer softer frames (below 65) and don't really have an open or closed pattern preference.

I have recently tried the Instinct (not FXP) but didn't like the hollow feel.

Any suggestions?

thanks-

djones
01-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Head Prestige Tour 660.

www. t h e t e n n i s s p o t . net

Than go to Head racquets!

texcoug
01-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Have you looked at the FXP Radical Team? It is 102", 59 flex rating, 1 pt hh with a 314 swingweight. Since it is a straight beam construction (22 mm), it is a low power 100"+ racquet. It is listed as 10.5 strung but I think (maybe it's the almost even balance) that it plays a little heavier.

I have enjoyed it so far, especially from the baseline. I had to turn down my forehand with the 03 Red, but I can really crank it now. Serving is also a dream.

jackson vile
01-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Herer at TW they have the Head classic tour 98in but sw 336 You can look at the Radical FP Tour, Could use rad OS but with gut poly cross to make more control, Pure storm team would fit really nice though and at this point would be my top suggestion, but if that SW is still too heavy and you really want control you could try the Yones RDX MP http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-PSTRM.html

I don't recomend the radical team as I suggest you stick to a 225 SW or lower.
The sw is what makes the racket demanding not the static weight

BLiND
01-30-2006, 09:29 AM
660 Sounds Like The One To Go For

SteveI
01-30-2006, 09:37 AM
660 Sounds Like The One To Go For

Or this one at TW

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-HC.html

Steve

Ronaldo
01-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Fischer M Speed Pro Number One 105, http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/FMSR/FMSRReview.html

BLiND
01-30-2006, 01:35 PM
SteveI thats the racquet... its called the 660 in some parts I think.

Will888
01-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Well if you don't mind the smallness of the head size, I don't if you do or not but the Wilson nCode nTour or the nCode Tour 95(little heavy). Dunlop M-Fil 300 Racquet is also good.

TheRed
01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Herer at TW they have the Head classic tour 98in but sw 336 You can look at the Radical FP Tour, Could use rad OS but with gut poly cross to make more control, Pure storm team would fit really nice though and at this point would be my top suggestion, but if that SW is still too heavy and you really want control you could try the Yones RDX MP http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-PSTRM.html

I don't recomend the radical team as I suggest you stick to a 225 SW or lower.
The sw is what makes the racket demanding not the static weight

The classic tour mp on TW is not 98 sq in. It's 102, same as it's other name, the prestige classic 660. Why go to the website djones recomended, when 1) he shouldn't have recommended another website, 2) the 660 and classic mp are essentially the same racquet, and 3) TW is cheaper than that other website.

And to answer your question: I recommend the classic tour mp. You didn't mention you have a problem with the LM prestige's swingweight.

jackson vile
01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
The classic tour mp on TW is not 98 sq in. It's 102, same as it's other name, the prestige classic 660. Why go to the website djones recomended, when 1) he shouldn't have recommended another website, 2) the 660 and classic mp are essentially the same racquet, and 3) TW is cheaper than that other website.

And to answer your question: I recommend the classic tour mp. You didn't mention you have a problem with the LM prestige's swingweight.

He said he wanted a not so demanding racket so a sw of 336 is not ideal at all as I have stated and yes it is 98sqin, if you would like we could make a wager by sending paypal to another member such as NBMJ.

rich s
01-30-2006, 05:21 PM
You didn't mention you have a problem with the LM prestige's swingweight.

the swingweight is not the issue with the LM prestige. The 98" head and the dense pattern are what give me problems.

Not enought oomph from the LM Prestige MP......too much oomph from the Rad O/S's.

I also have a Satellite Tour MP which is 102" but it is only 11.7 or 11.8oz, ~315 s/w and ~10-11pts head light. It almost feels too head light in that it too does not pack enough oomph and can get pushed around by heavy hitters.

jackson vile
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM
the swingweight is not the issue with the LM prestige. The 98" head and the dense pattern are what give me problems.

Not enought oomph from the LM Prestige MP......too much oomph from the Rad O/S's.

I also have a Satellite Tour MP which is 102" but it is only 11.7 or 11.8oz, ~315 s/w and ~10-11pts head light. It almost feels too head light in that it too does not pack enough oomph and can get pushed around by heavy hitters.

Ok, do this instead of buying new frames save yourself some money and modify your Stour MP, you can add lead at 3 and 9 this will increase static weight making it more stable but also make the head more stable and then it will increase SW and that will give you more available power ie extra power you can control.

I suggest you bring the static weight up to 12-12.5oz

But if you can handle the Classic Tour that is a nice racket, even better than the mp.

Do you like soft rackets, do you prefer Head, ect?

bluegrasser
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Hell, I'm 51 and getting enough pop out of the Prestige mp, I have mine strung at 56 lbs w/ Gosen micro 17, much more pop than say a string like Prince syn gut. I think the string and tension can make a big difference.

gshaffer23
01-30-2006, 06:42 PM
FXP Rad Tour... 100 squ inch, swings a good bit easier than the Prestige MP, and has good power and stability

TheRed
01-30-2006, 07:24 PM
He said he wanted a not so demanding racket so a sw of 336 is not ideal at all as I have stated and yes it is 98sqin, if you would like we could make a wager by sending paypal to another member such as NBMJ.

I can see you're trying very hard to sound like you know what you're talking about and then attempting to back that up with a stupid bet. First of all, when the poster said "not so demanding", he could have simply meant he wanted a larger hitting area, a lighter racquet, or both. I addressed this imprecision by noting it in my last sentence. His subsequent post proved that I was right. SW is not as large a concern. As far as the Classic Tour MP being 98sq in, maybe you're trying to be smart by saying Head measures their racquets differently than other companies, but let's start with official numbers. Let me refer you to: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=HC

If you still wanna wager, then let me know.

matchpoint54
01-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I think he should get either the Classic Tour MP or the RDX 500 MP. That one has a lot of spin and has a light swingweight.

snoflewis
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
personally, i like the 03 tour MP. it's got a softer feel and has plenty of pop.

Vamz
01-30-2006, 08:11 PM
You could try a radical MP. That would be my guess. Or an Instinct MP. If you like the feel of Head, I would try those. The radical is lighter, has a bigger sweetspot than the Prestige. This offers a good jumping off point if you want to add weight. They Instinct is even more forgiving, more powerful. Some others to consider are the Prince Tour Diablo MP, Prince O3 Tour, Wilson nCode 6.1 95, Wilson nTour (orange and white one), Dunlop Mfil 300, Dunlop 300G.

jackson vile
01-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I can see you're trying very hard to sound like you know what you're talking about and then attempting to back that up with a stupid bet. First of all, when the poster said "not so demanding", he could have simply meant he wanted a larger hitting area, a lighter racquet, or both. I addressed this imprecision by noting it in my last sentence. His subsequent post proved that I was right. SW is not as large a concern. As far as the Classic Tour MP being 98sq in, maybe you're trying to be smart by saying Head measures their racquets differently than other companies, but let's start with official numbers. Let me refer you to: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=HC

If you still wanna wager, then let me know.

I already addressed that with him so your point is well pointless, also I am right that it is 98sqin and you are wrong that is a fact, further more you only repeated what I had already said in suggesting the Head classic Tour.

So STFU:mrgreen:

SteveI
01-31-2006, 01:41 AM
SteveI thats the racquet... its called the 660 in some parts I think.

Hi,

It is called a few names.. When I had one it was the Head Classic MP.. and there was a Head Prestige Classic MP (That one has a special handle system).. in any event. They are all 660 sq cms.. or 102 head size and about 12 oz.. with a low flex. Hope this helps...

Regards,
Steve

bigtt
01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Hi,

I have this racquet. Head trisys 300 MP / Prestige Tour MP /Head Classic MP they all size 660 or 102. hope this help

Bora
01-31-2006, 01:15 PM
What's wrong with the Gen2?

Bora
01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Anyway, have you tried the Fischer magnetic frames? They have a low enough flex, perhaps they'll work for you.

PS. when I get some time I need to post about my 27 inch Mfill 200 Plus, and now the pro quality ROK 102s.

JediMindTrick
01-31-2006, 07:48 PM
I say try the RDX 500 MP and Prince O3 Tour. These are some of the best midplus racquets on the market right now. Maybe you can also try the Fischer M Speed 98 and tell us how it is. I got to confess that Bagman made me curious about it.

nViATi
01-31-2006, 09:35 PM
I already addressed that with him so your point is well pointless, also I am right that it is 98sqin and you are wrong that is a fact, further more you only repeated what I had already said in suggesting the Head classic Tour.

So STFU:mrgreen:
Goto the link. It is 102sq inch. :rolleyes: