PDA

View Full Version : Rankings

Lleyton Hewitt
01-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Rankings: i never knew u could drop down as many places down to 50 from top 5 in the world in 2 weeks. Safin was ranked i think it was 5th now hes dropped down to 50th after missing the AO. Now that is a bit over the top for me because every1 knows how good he is and u wont want Safin in the 1st round of any tournament now do u. I mean the final could possibly take place in the 1st round eg Federer v Safin....Hewitt v Safin (hehe) and he is to drop more places as he is still injured which would be likely he would meet someone tough in the 1st round. Also Lleyton Hewitt has dropped out the top 10 by the way which would see him playing Federer, Roddick, Nadal in the 4th round or QF or tournaments

vllockhart
01-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Rankings: i never knew u could drop down as many places down to 50 from top 5 in the world in 2 weeks. Safin was ranked i think it was 5th now hes dropped down to 50th after missing the AO. Now that is a bit over the top for me because every1 knows how good he is and u wont want Safin in the 1st round of any tournament now do u. I mean the final could possibly take place in the 1st round eg Federer v Safin....Hewitt v Safin (hehe) and he is to drop more places as he is still injured which would be likely he would meet someone tough in the 1st round. Also Lleyton Hewitt has dropped out the top 10 by the way which would see him playing Federer, Roddick, Nadal in the 4th round or QF or tournaments

Don't forget that injured players get a protected ranking for their first several tournaments back. So take it easy tough guy, it's not looking that grim yet.:cool:

@wright
01-30-2006, 08:27 AM
This post doesn't dignify a response, but if you are going to complain about it, you should learn how the rankings work. Safin won AO last year, so he didn't defend any of his points that got him in the top 10. Since Fed is winning so many tournaments, winning a slam is extra special in having a good year rankings wise. Hewitt and Safin didn't defend their AO points, so their ranking dropped. That's how it works.

xanctus
01-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Wow Marcos went all the way to #27th...behind my other fav. Jarkko Nieminen...

Andres
01-30-2006, 10:17 AM
And Safin was #13 when AO started ;)

gts072
01-30-2006, 11:55 AM
When you don’t defend your points and/or play like crap and lose early, your ranking will suffer. Simple as that.

Fee
01-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Don't forget that injured players get a protected ranking for their first several tournaments back. So take it easy tough guy, it's not looking that grim yet.:cool:

Actually, he won't. He wasn't out long enough to be eligible for one. (And protected rankings are only used for tournament entries, they are not used to seed players for the draw).