PDA

View Full Version : racquet handle injection

stidemon
01-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I was thinking about injecting the racquet handle with something to decrease vibrations. I was wondering if anyone knows what the professional stringers use. I know that slazenger uses something and even wilson racquets have the handle filled with some kind of sponge. What is the best foam type of thing to use and where do i get it? Has anyone ever tried this and what were the results? thanks a lot ahead of time.

Radek

Deuce
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Most racquet handles are already all foam.

I never felt any reduced vibration while hitting with any racquet with a supposed 'Vibration Reduction Handle System', or some such.

You want to reduce vibration? - attach a cable grommet to the bottom of the two centre mains, and bring it up to meet the lowest cross.

heavyraket
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I 've done of that, esspecially with prince racquets that have hollow handles. I used some of the expanding insulation for around windows, get it at the hardware store, the denser stuff. It mutes the racquet nicely.

jonolau
01-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Polyurethane foam will work, but you gotta be careful with that stuff as it can expand like crazy.

Steve Huff
01-31-2006, 03:33 AM
I use rubber cement. Depending on how much you want to add may depend on how you add it. On one of my rackets, I removed the butt cap and coated the inside of the handle with layer after layer, at least 10 layers. The second one, I just poured about 1/4 of a bottle into the handle (butt cap of) and slowly turned it like a rotisserie, until it dried enough to stay in place. So, if you're adding until you get to a "feel good" weight, you're better off adding layers, but if you know already that you want to add quite a bit, just pour it in (takes less time).

stidemon
02-01-2006, 08:00 AM
sweet. thanks a lot everyone. thats the info i needed. does anyone know if the wilson 90 ncode comes with the handle filled or not?