PDA

View Full Version : Head Liquidmetal Fire MP

mig29
01-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I have to choose between a Head Liquidmetal Fire / Head Liquidmetal Heat / Head Liquidmetal Rave / Head Liquidmetal Radical. Any comment?

I'm a 5.0 player who plays most of the time offensive tennis from the baseline with a lot of spin.

I bought a Wilson H5 MP last September but I'm struggling with my control.

Open to suggestions...

Thanks

Loserfoo
01-30-2006, 05:15 PM
radical =) great racquet from baseline

mig29
01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
I also read that the Radical, with his dense string pattern 18 X 20 for a 98 sq. inches headsize, is not the best for someone who plays with a lot of topspin.

I'm looking forward to buy a LM Fire. Any feedback for that racquet? Would the LM Heat or LM Rave be better?

bluegrasser
01-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Rad would be my choice..

Redflea
01-30-2006, 06:28 PM
My son uses a LM Fire and loves it...picked it over the Rad. The Fire provides good control but he can get some good pop out of it as well...we string it below the mid point to increase the power a bit. Very nice racquet.

matchpoint54
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
The Rad was a great racquet for me. I could hit it hard and keep it in. Even thought the string pattern was 18 by 20 I could still generate a lot of topspin with it.

Fatmike
01-31-2006, 05:09 AM
I Have a LM Fire, a FXP Rad Tour, and I tried the LM Heat.

FXP have the best feel and control, Fire have less feel but lots of power, Heat = same feel has Fire but less power.

I Have a LM Fire for sale btw, 65$, strings are new (maybe 2 hours of play) Alu Power Rough

Virgilio
01-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Let me take this chance to ask: is the LM Heat a pinpoint control racquet?

c_zimma
01-31-2006, 02:16 PM
If you don't like racquets that go poing, then I don't think the Fire is for you. That's just me though.

mig29
01-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I agree with you people; I think I should look toward the LM Radical instead but I'm not sure about his spin potential.

Safina
01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
you can get plenty of spin with 18x20... look at all the Prestige Classic pro's and Pro Tour 280 users that use it on clay with western grips and are spin monsters. with 18x20, i find you get a livelier topspin that might not be as loopy, but that spins faster so it jumps a bit more after hitting the court. But maybe that is just my swing.
Topspin production is 98% (or more) technique. 1% racquet flex, and a very small percentage due to the number of strings in the frame.
The Radical is by far the most solid of those frames you mentioned.
This is IMO, naturally.

Loserfoo
01-31-2006, 05:26 PM
people doubt the radical's spin potential due to its 18x20 string pattern. when i play i get tons of spin and i can adjust it to the amount i want. no need to whip the racquet or bend ur wrist to try and get topspin either. its a pretty powerful stick with/without leadtape also, i have 16 grams under the handle and i get tons of spin and great spin potential on serve also.

i really recommend the radical great blend of power/especially control/arm friendly

mig29
02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks everyone. Just ordered 2 LM Radical MP. That should improve my game; I sure hope it does...

I looked at the LM Fire at first cause it's less powerful than the Wilson H5 I play with but I think the difference between those two racquets is minimal. I think that the LM Radical will more significant difference on the control aspect of my game.

theazneyes
02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Just ordered 2 LM Radical MP. That should improve my game; I sure hope it does...

I looked at the LM Fire at first cause it's less powerful than the Wilson H5 I play with but I think the difference between those two racquets is minimal. I think that the LM Radical will more significant difference on the control aspect of my game.

Good choice. The other racquets you mentioned with the LM Radical are all racquets that are way too light and unstable. So it was best to steer clear from them. Not that the LM Radical is that much heavier, but it's much more stable and control oriented than the others mentioned.

And as for spin, many of my friends use it and play pure topspin, so it's mostly down to skill than the string pattern of your racquet.

I hit flat with my LM Radical though.