PDA

View Full Version : Strings for my pd+

grimmbomb21
01-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I was using gut mains with syn crosses. My bh was a laser, flat and fast, but my forehand was all over the place. Going long sometimes, sometimes into the net. I tried fixing this by switching to gut crosses with poly mains. Now my fh is a bit more controlled, but my bh has gone to hell. IN THE NET!! EVERY TIME!! Anyway, should I go back to my regular string and continue to work on my forehand? Stay with the new, and put more spin on a weak bh? Or does someone suggest an entirely different combo.

grimmbomb21
01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
hello....is anyone there?....

Masamusou
01-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Hate to say this, but if you have a forehand with one setup but no backhand, and the exact opposite with another setup, chances are... the strings aren't to blame. I don't really know what more people can tell you other than, pick something and work on your strokes. I guess you can keep trying to find the magical combo if you want to, or you can put in some actual work and improve. I'm pretty sure the equipment isn't to blame.

TEAM ZERO
01-31-2006, 02:14 AM
I agree! I'm pretty sure that your forehand needs to be worked on for consistency and changing strings wont make much of a difference.

grimmbomb21
01-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I know my fh is not very good at all, but I figured I would ask anyway. Just in case someone knew something I didn't. I guess the obvious was probably just the case.

My fh has been suspect since I started playing a year and a half ago, so I thought maybe it was my equipment.:rolleyes:

Time to get out the ball machine!

156MPHserve
01-31-2006, 03:01 PM
I suggest you change ONE thing at a time. If you were using synthetic on the crosses before, try using poly in the CROSSES not the mains.

I agree with the advice given above about technique, but if you really want to know if the string is for you, only change one thing at a time.

Right now, IF the string was the culprit, you still dont' know how to fix it.

Is it the natural gut in the mains giving you the pop you need for the backhand?
Is it the synthetic crosses that gave you what you needed to hit a backhand?
Is your forehand now better because of the poly?
Is your forehand now better because the gut is in the crosses and not the mains?
Is your forehand better because you don't like synthetics?

You don't know this because you changed too many things at a time.

grimmbomb21
01-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I suggest you change ONE thing at a time. If you were using synthetic on the crosses before, try using poly in the CROSSES not the mains.

I agree with the advice given above about technique, but if you really want to know if the string is for you, only change one thing at a time.

Right now, IF the string was the culprit, you still dont' know how to fix it.

Is it the natural gut in the mains giving you the pop you need for the backhand?
Is it the synthetic crosses that gave you what you needed to hit a backhand?
Is your forehand now better because of the poly?
Is your forehand now better because the gut is in the crosses and not the mains?
Is your forehand better because you don't like synthetics?

You don't know this because you changed too many things at a time.

I see your point. I will try restringing it with gut mains and poly crosses. thanx.